endometriosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

need to spk to somone with simular symptoms, been to docs 4 times with the following symptoms:- pain under left ribs, feels like a stabbing pain somtimes but worse on my period, i have them very heavy to the point it sets my anxiety off, i dont hurt while having sex, but do get back pain n feel generaly unwell, this pain use to come n go, but now its hard to lay down without feeling like theirs somthing there like a lump of some sort, anyway, went to see 3 docs n they sed it was my hip, (not a chance) then forth says could be my IBS or endometriosis. what do people think..? thx in agony now :-(

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey! I have the same symptoms and mine is endo. Pain in my right hip, radiates down the front of my leg and into my right knee. Sometimes pain on the sides of both of my hips and the front of both legs. Really bad periods. Cramps pretty much daily. Pain in my right shoulder that wouldn't go away no matter what I tried. If they think yours is endo or IBS, more tests are needed for a firm diagnosis. If you're in agony, definitely push to have all the tests done. Stay strong xo

• Posted

I'm really Scared, sometimes it feels like a needle going into under my left side under my rib near my stomach, :-( can't lay without feeling it, so uncomfortable :-/

• Posted

Hi Chellie

Laura-Lee's right, it's best to get all the tests so you know what you're dealing with. For endo, the only absolute test is a laparoscopy.

As to that terrible under your left ribs, someone else recently posted about that. If interested, scan back through endo posts for the last 2 weeks and you should find it. I will say to you what I said to that woman: that pain needs to be figured out. Docs need to make sure that it's not related to heart, lungs or stomach before anyone says it's endo. If you have the laparoscopy, tell doc/surgeon to look in that area for endo.

• Posted

My god, made me even more freaked out now, :-( I just hope j can get to the bottom of it with out me thinking it's the big C, suppose everyone always thinks the worst :-( thank you

• Posted

Sorry, Chellie, I didn't mean to freak you out but I do hope you'll take that pain seriously. Well, take all the pains seriously, just keep in mind which other organs are near any particular pain.

Emergency/casualty docs say that we all go to see them thinking every broken leg, every cold and headache are cancer, so you're not alone. I am sorry to have increased your worry!

Aitarg

• Posted

If you didn't already have those challenges, this disease alone could bring them all on. It is a wonder that any of us ever function at all. Just hang in there and make sure your doctor listens to you & works with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.