Endoscopic mucosal ressection

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been told I have a 4 cm sessile polyp near the ileocecal valve. I have researched it and expect to have EMR. Has anybody been through this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had a 2mm sessile polyp removed during a colonoscopy, although I don't know the type of procedure used for the removal. I didn't have any after effects although I was advised I might have some minor bleeding. As for the removal of the polyp itself, I wouldn't have been aware it was happening without being told. 

Jan

• Posted

Hi jan48389. Thank you for your reply. My polyp was discovered during a colonoscopy. Three small sessile polyps were removed but the bigger one was left in place and biopsied. I have not heard from the hospital since. This was on the 2nd March. EMR is used through colonoscopy to respect giant polyps. I wondered if any one else has been through this
  • Posted

I'll let you know on monday after I have my first colonoscopy experience!
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply tim50stroud. I hope all goes well for you on Monday. I've had my colonoscopy on the 2nd of March. They took three smaller polyps but left behind a giant sessile polyp in my right colon. Awaiting biopsy. EMR is a procedure done through colonoscopy but it takes longer and can involve piecemeal removal of the polyp. I would like to hear other people's experiences. Once again hope all goes well for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.