Enhanced or severe disablement premium am i entitled to ieither ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi folks

Just looking for a bit of advise

In the past few months i have been put on ESA (Support group)

And just this week have been moved from DLA (care middle, mobility high)

To PIP (care enhanced , mobility enhanced)

My question regards any premium i may be entitled to or not!

as i dont know the difference & cant find out much about them

I supposedly fit the criteria for both but thats as much as i know

Can anyone please tell me the differences

I know i get a thing called disability guarentee (£15.60pw) and this is the other name for one of them

Any more info greatly appreciated!

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Biggyinn. the criteria for the severe disability premium is esa support group, pip care componant (either rate) you live alone, and no one get carers allowance for you. 

if you fit the criteria then you need to ring ESA and ask them for the severe disability premium form (is10) fll it in and send it back and they will award it & back date it to when you became entitled. 

I have just done this and got mine back dated to october 2015 and at £61.85 extra a week it's definitely worth it.

• Posted

The enhanced premium is payed automatically when you are put into the support group as being put in the support group is the only criteria for that premium.

SDP has a criteria all of it own so has to be applied for seperately by the is10 form i mentioned along with meeting the criteria for it as above.. hope this helps.

• Posted

Benefit wise you fit the criteria for the severe disability premium, if your living alone and nobody is claiming cares for you, you will be entilitled to it. It's £61 something a week on top of your esa and the premium already receiving now.

You should get it backdated from when you 1st became entitled to it. I've just recently last week had a large back pay from it, I was entitled from September last year...

I sent a is10 form (can't remember what the name of the form is... is something 10) off about 4 weeks ago. I rang up beginning of last week because I had heard nothing from it. The lady on phone went through some questions an said yes you are entitled an it should of been dealt with already. So said I would have a phone call back within a couple of hours. I received the call an was told payment would be in my bank on a couple of days which it was. Happy days.

Good luck an hope you get what your entitled too

Regards

• Posted

Thank you everyone for thr replies very very helpfull

• Posted

You will get the preamp if you have Been ones a for over 1 full year
    • Posted

Phoned ESA THIS MORNING

Turns out i am getting the following

Your living expences. £73.10 (ESA)

"this is your basic amount

As i am single live alone over 25 with no dependants and no one claims carers allowance for me

Extra money as severly disabled £61.85 (SDP)

"Severe Disability Premium"

Disability income Guarantee £15.75 EDP)

"Enhanced Disability Premium"

Extra money support group£36.20 (DP)

this is the "Didability Premium"

Which is awarded to the basic amount if you are in the suport group

Total before deductions £186.90

If you do not get severe disablement premiun through ESA YOU WILL THROUGH P.I.P.if you get the enhanced CARE

You will get one or the other rememver this is means tested through ESA BUT NOT THROUGH PIP!!

• Posted

i get £186.90 on my esa too. that includes all the premiums. are you getting the SDP back dated?..

• Posted

I have Beene onEsa for six years Disablety Before that I only get £170 a week and my wife is on the claim she get careers £60 and I get pip £55 Did used two get more so does that should Wright I have Deprshon and in the last six mouths I have Ibs as and lose controle off the bowel at least once a week got 11 points on the pip but I did not have the Ibs then

• Posted

Hi Gill

No nothing backdated (again)

I was switched from incapacity to ESA in march ....the gave me SDP (£61.85) then, but as i'm blind didnt realise

Also with the DLA to PIP ....I applied in june 2016 ...got the letter brgibing of june , rang them on the 10th by time got form and sent it back was the 26th .... Got a decision by the 30th of August .....although they as saying my PIP dies not start till the 14th september new amount in account by 22nd october or something to that effect ....they PAY DLA longer to avoid paying the difference

• Posted

I was on Dla know on pip £100 every 4 weeks worse  off on pip and all the strese off the face two face and reconsiderashon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.