Enlarged Cervix

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with enlarged (unhealthy) cervix by my gynaecologist. Pap smear results were negative and biopsy tests from the D&C also negative. Doctor has recommended hysterectomy and I would like to hear from someone who may have gone through a similar experience.

Jess

Jess

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jess, I am puzzled why an enlarged cervix would mean its unhealthy especially when you've had negative biopsies.  I would recommend you ask for a second opinion.  Hysterectomy and removal of my cervix have had a detrimental effect on my sex life though some women say it's the best thing they ever did.  

• Posted

Hi, definitely ask for a second opinion. Hysterectomy is a major op. My body went into menopause and I have had several major health issues as a result. Also you need to know if it will involve one or both ovaries. It is a one way Street. No going back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.