Enlarged Dorsal Vein and tributaries in Foreskin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Apologies, originally posted in the wrong section by mistake.

After a particularly rough masturbation session, my penis swelled up to about twice it's normal size. It was not possible to retract my foreskin at all for a couple of days, until the swelling had slightly subsided. The swelling took about 5 days to completely subside. When it did, I noticed that my Dorsal vein on the left side of my penis was now visible when flaccid. The Dorsal vein became more prominent over the next few days and several of the tributaries, which circumnavigate my penis, at the tip of foreskin have also enlarged. When I retract my foreskin, these veins push out prominently. I was very worried so went to my local GP. He looked at the veins and told me that the issue was purely cosmetic and that there was no reason for concern. He told me that they may subsude over time or they may remain this way for the rest of my life.

Since then, the veins have remained very prominent and if anything, seem to be more pronounced. They cause some slight swelling and irritation if I masturbate and my foreskin is now often tight when I have an erection (it is still retractable). There is no general pain or discomfort, but it is depressing to say the least. The veins are at their most prominent when I have an erection, which is only to be expected due to the increased blood flow, but are still very noticeable when flaccid.

I have found that if I place an icepack on the veins, that they shrink for a time and become much less prominent, but this is only temporary. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I don't know if the veins will shrink again if I leave them completely undisturbed for a prolonged period or if I am now stuck with them and they are causing me a great deal of distress at times. I just want them to go back to normal, but worry that the problem is now permanent.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

are you cut? or have forskin think you said yes it would be better to get it removed if your doc says No which sometimes they will keep at him you also could see a nother doc hope this helps
    • Posted

Thanks for the response. Not cut and would rather not lose it if I don't have to. Doesn't really affect me day to day, just freaks me out. The doctor I saw told me that it may just sort itself out as he veins in the penis are very changeable over time. Sometmes, though rarely, they are barely noticeable.

I just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem to get an idea of how things might change over time.

• Posted

Monders . Disease not

.malignant. .but I have thrombosis on left side and it does cause pain...so u are lucky. If it doesn't cause pain don't worry

Again you are lucky in that regard.

• Posted

When I saw the gp,he didn't seem worried. I have not been experiencing any pain from it so am just trying to ignore it. It is my own fault for overdoing it in the first place.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Is there nothing that can be done?

• Posted

For now just pain killers

I see a vascular surgeon next week really about another issue...lack of blood flow. ..well see

.thanks for the reply

• Posted

I hope it goes well and they are able to help. I did quite a bit of research when I first developed my own problem. It is surprising that there seems to be so little done about things like this. When you think how many people are affected. There seems to be very little research or treatment available. Well fingers crossed they cam help you and all the beat!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.