eNOS mutation screening tool for Prinzmetal

Posted , 5 users are following.

I found a doctor who does Prinzmetal research and he does a blood test for Edothelial Ntric Oxide Synthase (eNOS) mutation. He said the majority of people with Prinzmetal have this mutation. He tested my blood and sure enough I have it. Curious how many others have been tested for this mutation. Has anyones doctor recommended this blood test? If not I'm curious why not....wonder if they are not aware of it as a screening tool??? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

mine says symptoms being enough to diagnose, but he is also trialing me with  trimetazidine a metabolic aid....  
    • Posted

not quite it seems it is to help the cells function better metabolically and reduce the cramp effect similar sort of to Q10 action "we" are hopeing they will work synergistically... interesting 1st effect is to get my ST bit of my cardiocycle right more often so it has changed something...(after 8 days)
  • Posted

Hey there smile

I live in the Los Angeles area. Is your doctor anywhere near me where I could visit him?

• Posted

The doctor that does the research in Prinzmetal is Dr. Charles Glueck from Cinn.  You can google him and his research. He strongly suggests taking L-Arginine (9 grams). 
  • Posted

Hi Sheri.

I have microvascular coronary disease/prinzmetal angina. Trimetazidine has help me massively.... I still have cluster attacks but this med is a 'magic pill' (my doctors favourite 2 words). ;-)

• Posted

Thanks Ellierey.  I will have to read about it. Are there side effects? Do you take it with other medications? 
    • Posted

No I haven't experienced any and I've been on them 2.5 yrs. Yes I am on other meds such as Diltizem and nicorandil amongst others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.