Ent appointment

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just got diagnosed globus. My concern is if he put the camera in far enough ? ( went to vocal chords) my lump feeling near cricoid cartilage could he see a throat or esophagus lesion ?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

He's a professional and knows exactly what to look for, if he thought he needed to see further he would have booked you in for a full endescope. The tube up the nose and down the throat is common practice, is that the one you got? When I had it he also arranged an ultrasound for my neck which too returned clear, but they don't always offer that

• Posted

I think I will follow up with the ultrasound. Thanks
    • Posted

To be honest if nothing is seen via scope, then there's nothing there, they get a very clear view. The symptoms are so common amongst all sufferers and is put down to either anxiety or reflux - but generally it's always anxiety related. The ultrasound was very quick and actually quite relaxing, but knowing it was fine still didn't take it away for me, it's just one of those unpleasant symptoms

• Posted

That's why I'd go to a GI over an ENT. The EGD goes through to the stomach, allowing to visualize the upper esophageal sphincter and the LES. Plus, the GI could do other testing if needed, like Manometry.

• Posted

The problem is, despite reading literally hundreds of posts and articles on the Globus sensation, I have never seen one that has been resolved by any treatment for GERD or stomach investigations. I have however seen many people's problems being resolved by properly treating anxiety. The problem with continual tests which invariably come back clear, is that your keeping it at the forefront of your mind. I'm not minimising he problem, I suffer too and know how horrific it feels, but I also know tests and not listening to the drs diagnosis only makes it worse

• Posted

Same here...seems path to healing is through anxiety resolution.
    • Posted

Take anti histamine its a low level reaction to hystamine release into your system ... like someone who gets stung by a bee ........ not life threatning

there is 2 histamine body reactions in body , H1 & H2

one is solved by Allergy tablet like "Zyrtec" google it and take that one non drowsey

The other is H2 if thats causing it you need you need an antacid like RANITIDINE TABLET,

take both then from there figure out if your body has H1 H2 histamine release action.

Just by trial and error by ellimanating either  H1 or H2  , you will find your cure.

• Posted

Have you lost weight and has your appetite changed as well your bowel movements? I really need to know.
    • Posted

Same as yours but with some weight loss. In fairness, part of my weight loss has been intentional. I had a full cardiac work-up for the Globus because I have a bad family history for cardiac disease and a close uncle of mine had the same symptoms and ended up having significant heart disease. My cardiac work-up has been negative so now I will start the work up for Globus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.