Epidural and facet joint injections

Posted , 5 users are following.

Blogging from my hospital trolley..... Just had my procedure and in recovery now, waiting to be discharged!

I have severe prolapse of L4/L5 with bilateral impingement of nerve roots. This results in severe back pain and constant sciatica. Worse on my right side.

Whole process took less than half an hour and I feel just fine after. Was offered sedative, but refused as I'm personally cool with stuff like this and very relaxed/able to keep still.

Very little pain during the actual procedure. In fact the worst bit was the initial injection of local anaesthetic!

Hope this helps anyone going for or thinking of having this done.

Will keep you posted/updated with my progress as time goes on....

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

had mine done today too,had right SI joint and right L5/S1 nerve root injection.

Didn't really hurt just hope it helps stop the constant ache and flair ups where I can hardly walk for days at a time x

• Posted

Thanks for your information. My surgeon wants me to have it but says I can't have sedation. I'm terrified of needles and a very low pain threshold. 
  • Posted

Stuart

can you tell me how long it took you from seeing your local GP to getting the injection, I am in constant pain down the left leg but my doctor says I have to get an appointment with a physiotherapist who will get me an appointment for an MRI scan and then wait for another appointment to see the hospital where they do the injection maybe 1 year wait but I am in constant pain do you know any fast track way apart from private they want £2,600 

Many Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.