Erythema Nodosum

Posted , 9 users are following.

Im still having various tests done, but im getting fed up with going back and forwards to hospital.

It all started in 2004, after my mum died strangely....

lumps starting to appear on my leg,lost the use of my left hand for a while, too...very odd i must say.

biopsy last year, diagnosed Erythema Nodosum,...

the pain is unbearable sometimes, and the docters think its nothing.

Does anyone get flu like symtoms as well, and feel sick alot??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes i am getting flu like symtoms with mine (yet to be diagnosed but at doctors tomorrow for results of various tests,) i have not been eating properly for the past couple of weeks as i have felt sick i feel so tired and worn out even when i have done nothing getting very hot and cold.
  • Posted

Hi, I found these symptoms by luck,, looking into bells palsey for my husband. I see that there are a few things that alsos suggest that these bumps don't always have flakey skin or look like bug bites but mushy red blotches that are hot and fatty feeling. About 2 ornso months ago I had a shingles bout or flare, I woke to a huge itch on my thigh and my knees now coved on my legs up my spine and today I found some small mines on my. Stomach. I'm 55. I have had recurring shingles since 15. And off and on in the same spot an few fatty bumps that never bothered me they went fast as they came until this time? I have a hyper. Hypo thyroid with graves. I had mono as a young teen and several bouts of tonsillitis. And in the last 6 years pnemounia that lasts into 8 months sometimes and now I have a bit of seasonal asthmea.I keep telling my doctor that I have all this or had and pnemounia is the one he see and believes. I had strep one year so bad I slept 3 days without waking had a mild stroke and woke in time to save my septic self from death. I belive that this is by far very related to shingles and to strep as from why I'm reading many have had this low immmun illnesses just prior, which I'm sure is no shock to any of you.I'm just now beginning to have a lot of pain in my legs and restless legs along with larger bumps, and in my spine they have mad my back numb. My back is so bad that I need more lay down then standing threw the day. I did we in myself from prednison per my doctor now the lums are rapidly in full swing and begging him to give me higher does and relieve some pain, he just thinks I'm seeking pain meds... Yes I am, I'm in more pain then ei can explain. My back and shoulders feel like some one is winding everything in and around and now myribs are tender to touch from all this creating crazyness in my spine. What else do you guys do for pain, I use Arni a gel when very very bad times as I can't get a pill from my now doctor, but am seeking new!!! Well this is as much as I can say at this time, please anyone help with info for all the pain and the lumps that have just recently become visible on my back.. Does this ever go away......
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with EN when I was 23 years old. It started one day suddenly with a very high fever. After 1-2 days, I had cough and cold. After another 3-4 days, lumps started to form on my shins. A day after that, I couldn't even move my legs. Then I discovered, I have pain in almost all the joints in my body. I couldn't move my legs, arms, or lift my body. It was even difficult to go to bathroom. It was a very difficult and painful period of my life. I wish nobody has to face this.

Thankfully for me, my doctor didn't take much time to diagnose. I started moving my legs and arms after every 15 minutes with much effort, bcoz if I wouldn't, they would just get jammed and even more difficult to move. With ongoing cough and cold, I had to face a blow on my digestive system also. For first 15 days, I was on only semi-liquid diet. All of this lasted for more than one month. And to reduce weakness, it took another month.

I had a history of tonsils, and a gall bladder operation. I have thyroid. And 6 years after EN, I have occasional IBS also. I don't know which one of these triggered EN. But I am thankful to God that it is gone now and never returned.

I took many medicines from both my physician and my dermatologist, both of which helped. But I would add, it's also my Faith in God and Universe, which helped me in that difficult period. May God bestow you with good health. Get well soon.

• Posted

I had a bad throat and generally felt unwell before it started, but I have also had my gall bladder removed! How long did your EN last? In the patient info it says about six weeks but people on here are talking years!
  • Posted

Yes I get servere chills followed by a fever.  Then during the nights I get night sweats.  The only thing that has stopped those symptoms was me taking Plaquinill and Melixicam.  It took about 5-6 months before the Plaquinill takes effect.  Yes I still get the spots that are very painfull but I don't get the flu like sypmtoms and I am also not having to turn to steroids when I have a flare up.

• Posted

Yes, I also have a sore throat more often then not. I've had two cases of EN once when I was 18 to 19 then 22 till now 27. I get the joint pains in the knees and these days becoming more restless. Australia doctor have just started seeing me again after a year and a half, lumps have subsided but coming in to cold weather all the joint pains are returning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.