ESA

Posted , 6 users are following.

has anybody successfully claimed ESA? x

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

cant help on that 1 hun I claimed pip and got that but decided not to try for ESA, as trying to claim pip was sressful enough Im sure the other ladies will get back to you on ESA take care gentle hug
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz. I'm currently receiving it, but in the assessment phase. Just wondered how many of us got beyond that. x
  • Posted

Hi Jeanne. I have claimed, received it for about 6 weeks then I had the medical and was refused it, they said I scored 0 points. I have appealed it twice and still been refused even with the support of my GP and my then rheumatologist. Gentle hugs
    • Posted

Oh sorry to hear that Janet. I haven't had medical yet but was wondering how many of us got beyond that. x
  • Posted

Ok I keep seeing ESA but haven't a clue what it is! I get DLA and have for a long time due to the spinal damage! Please fill me in?
    • Posted

Hi Shelagh , I have just learnt about this ESA means Employment support allowance, you can be off or still work and get it , which means you can do less hours if finding things difficult. I think. rolleyes
    • Posted

I had to give up work last year I couldn't cope, didn't know I could claim something! That would be so much help!
    • Posted

Hi Shelagh, your DLA will change to PIP at some stage soon. DO make sure you use a guide like benefitsandwork to help you fill the forms in. Awards are no longer given for life. And definitely claim ESA, you need your GP to do a fit note. Good luck. x
    • Posted

I used to fill in the forms for clients where I worked, it was like the Citizens Advice but we were purely a drop in and didn't keep clients details. I've had a letter saying mine may change to pip but not for a while and they'll let me know when. What I've heard of the assessment process sounds horrendous!
  • Posted

Hi Jeanne , I have just applied for it as my Doctor has sighned me off for two months  and because of my sickness at work I hadnt earned enough ( from April) so my employer didnt have to pay ssp to me. I am also waiting a response for PIP , I have seizures NEAD & Catamenial plus Fibromyalgia. I have been assesed so shouldnt be to long now. lol
    • Posted

Hi Hazel, it seems to vary enormously depending on where you live I think, as to how soon you have an assessment. I was signed off in February but my contract came to an end at the end of March anyway, so I ve been getting ESA assessment phase since then, plus my PIP, but worried in case assessment is unsuccessful. Good luck with yours. x
    • Posted

Hi Jeanne. I also got esa when my sick pay ran out. My assessment was unsuccessful, but I still had to supply sick note's while it went to appeal, which was also unsuccessful. I have had nothing from esa now foe nearly 2 years. I spent 2 years getting medical retirement from work. Finally had to get pensions ombudsman involved. I also get pip. Gentle hugs
    • Posted

I left work April of last year because I couldn't cope with the pain and the stress was making things worse. I had no idea I could claim anything, I've been looking for a job I could do but can't find anything, getting something would make a huge difference. Well thank you ladies, I had no idea, I've looked at the gov site and put in the figures in the calculator I'm shocked at how much I could get. Fantastic!
    • Posted

I should have left work due to ill health but just wanted out of there, all hell broke loose when I put in an email to my boss it wasn't worth the stress, she had the cheek to say she didn't know I was stressed! We had been telling her for three years that the computer system the trust paid ten million for wasn't fit for purpose and we couldn't cope! HR got hold of my email and management were in serious trouble. They had to go round the office once a week asking everybody if they were ok.
    • Posted

Hi shelagh you go for it and apply for ESA. I applied for pip and got that. I didnt expect to get it as in the past I tried for DLA  twice and didnt get it. I didnt try claim ESA as found claiming pip was stressful enough for me. But you go for it and I hope if you   do that you are sucessfulsmile take care gentle hug
    • Posted

Hi Janet its terrible now a days what you have to go through to try and get any help. I applied for DLA on several occassions got turned sorry to hear you wernt sucessful with ESA .I did apply for pip and got that, much to my amazement. take care gentle hugsmile
    • Posted

Hi Kaz. I am fed up of fighting them for everything. From the sounds of it sounds like the government are going to make it even harder to claim anything. My PIP is due for renewal next year. Hope you are feeling a bit better today. Gentle hugs
    • Posted

Hi Shelagh. My contact of employment was terminated in April 2012. I had been off sick since the previous September. I had been to see my then consultant in the January and he had told me I needed reduce my workload and my stress levels. I went into work and told my boss all I got was we need to discuss it. Guess what workload increased and so did the stress levels. Consultant said if levels weren't reduced I wouldn't be able to work within 9-12 months. Guess he was right. Gentle hugs
    • Posted

Hi Janet my pip is due to be renewed next year as well.trouble is their are alot of genuine people out their that need this extra help? the goverment are picking on those that are less fortunate than others. The pain has eases a bit at the min. feeling very drained tired. hope your having a good weekend any not in touch pain take care gentle hug smile
    • Posted

Hi Janet some emplyers dont give a damn, all they are bothered about is you being in work. Ive heard lots of people being victimised at work. Employers are breaking the law if they do not make allowances at work for your needs. I watched a video on a debate in westminister hall to do with fibromyalgia. the mp of reading had gone to westminster all to highlight fibromyalgia. and the affects it has on people. he brought up about victimization in the work place he said employers are breaking the law and will be in trouble if found not to be making allowences for peoples needs in the work place.and rightly so I think. allowences should be made by all employers. action needs to be taken against those that dont comply. take care gentle hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.