ESA and Severe disability premium

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all smile

​are u entitled to sdp if your on standard rate PIP?

theyve confused me big time today on the phone.

x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi meme,

What is "sdp"? - Never, heard of it...

• Posted

Hi Les

sorry it's severe disability premium

• Posted

I should have read the Subject! Nevermind...

With PIP Standard Rate being a Passported Benefit either rate of the Daily Living Component entitles you to the Severe disability premium in HB, ESA, Income Support, JSA, CTR, and additional amount for severe disability in Pension Credit.

Sorry, for mis-reading your question, that was my fault for being half asleep. rolleyessmile

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

What is sdp? Maybe I can help iic I know
    • Posted

Hi Linda,

I have updated Meme, as shown above regarding which benefit it is classed a Passported Benefit, relating to the Severe disability premium.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi just need a bit of advice if u can help me please.

​i was told today that i am entitled to Severe disability premium as im on standard rate pip and live alone and no one claims for me. ive since found out that i may get enhanced rate premium on top of this aswell is this correct? im not entirely sure what i am entitled to. im new to all this smile

​take care and thanks in advance

meme

• Posted

Many thanks for both of your replies.

​thats cleared that up for me, the lady i spoke to said that enhanced rate of daily entitles you to to severe disability premium. i didnt think that was correct what she said.

​do any of u know how long it takes for them to make a decision regarding it? does it take aslong as PIP and ive been waiting since july for ESA assessment. do i have to wait for that or are they seperate?

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.