esa assement positive assessment results

Posted , 6 users are following.

my bf went for his assessment and was put in the support group smile thank to everyone for your help, he had applied for pip first but was denied can he apply again now that his esa has been approved ?

1 like, 70 replies

70 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lilmama,

Glad to hear the good news though, it makes a change from all the negative we see.

There is nothing stopping him applying for PIP, it's totally different and not "means-tested", so it will not make any changes to his ESA.

All the best,

Les.

• Posted

Thank You Les he was  very relieved and happy when he got it will help him out tremendously , i  wanted to tahnk you for your help in answering some of my earlier questions it was really helpful
    • Posted

Hi Lilmama,

I'm glad to be of help, the trouble is so many people these days - do not know how various systems work, then again they have never been told otherwise. What gets to me is the amount of unclaimed benefits that go back to the government, that is one area, that I am covering in a large article.

The amount of people I ask if they are claiming this or that, is unreal because they have never heard of such schemes. People on DLA and PIP, on the top rates, automatically qualify for numerous other schemes, but yet again they are never informed.

This country is like many others, the schemes are in place, but they do not inform their countries. Now, imagine that but on a global basis - it actually works out in to billions of unclaimed benefits. The governments will not inform you, because at the end of the day, it goes back in to their pockets.

There is a saying "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." by Benjamin Franklin - this quote is one that should also be put with with "Knowledge is for sharing." - what I know, I share with so many people, it feels good just to hear them saying you were right and I'm now entitled to it as well... I've gone through our families, and even told my brother (with whom I do not get on with!), but yet I still helped go from not knowing anything about a possible learning issue, and I pushed my brother to get him to take his son to his doctor for a hospital referral, to ending up receiving PIP for him. My brother did not even know anything was wrong with his own son, yet to me it stood out a mile. 

Anyway, I must get this article done, it is fairly large because I am covering the whole of the UK and companies involved.

I got Alan's (Moderator) approval to submit such an article for people to read.

I will give you just one example, myself - when I started questioning companies which led to me being owed neraly £300 in the first year, but it went further than that, and now I know it is possible of receiving upto £700 in a lump sum per year! And, what people do not know is that you do not need to contact any government department. Obviously, it does depend on your own circumstances. Which I will also cover.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Lilmama,

ESA and support allowance medicals are being used to determine eligibility for PIP. This was done due to the PIP backlog, and thousands still awaiting decisions. But they are playing a dodgy game – DWP staff are being promoted temporarily who are not Health Assessors at all.

To you, this would mean that your ESA in the Support Group would be looked at again and changed accordingly, depending on the PIP report. In some cases, it is being done this way to avoid more “face-to-face” assessments.

This could mean that your ESA Claim is changed, because of your PIP application, which is wrong in my opinion – but we have no say in how the DWP uses numerous tactics. I could reveal some tactics that were never published, which would shock you. But DWP staff doing assessments is even worse at the moment.

I am sorry to give you the bad news with regards to PIP and ESA, but we cannot trust the DWP these days. Actually, that should be years because of what I found they done a few years ago, but that was using ATOS. rolleyeseekfrown

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Thanks Les for both posts - as usual they are full of useful information. i look forward to reading your aricle in due course.

I would mention that there is definitely some skullduggery going on with the DWP and using evidence from one benefit claim to decide another.

The PIP1 form makes it quite clear that you can (a) refuse the DWP to look at any evidence for any other benefit, (b) allow them only to use the evidence that you select, (c) tell them that you want to hold on until they send you everything they hold on their files for one, more or all previous benefit claims and (d) when you have had the chance to review what they send, you can then tell them which evidence you want them to use.

However, if you look at the script that they use for the telephone claim, the only bit that they ask (if they do at all) is 'do you want us to use any evidence that is held for a previous DLA claim'!!

You can stop them/restrict them from using anything - it is data that belongs to you.

But beware, I insisted that I wanted the PIP1 form to complete and refused to discuss the PIP claim over the telephone. I backed this up with a formal letter requesting the PIP1 followed by a reminder letter saying that I had not received the PIP1. The DWP closed the DLA award and PIP claim and cited that I had to use the telephone claim process - forms PIP1 were sent out at their discretion only.

That is not what the regulations say - there is a choice - but to get them to re-open the transfer from DLA to PIP it would mean a fight in court - hence why I gave up. 

• Posted

ha ha sorry I was readin g the original psters name when typing hence why got your name mixed :D sorry
    • Posted

I just had a similar situation to this, but the previous time I was not assessed I was arrested. I have it with the ICE as they were supposed to work out whether face to face assessments were the best way of assessing me. I kept getting automated appointments the one before tis one my MP squaredd off, tthssi one I ended up getting upgraded to support, yet I still had no resolutionn ffrom the one previously.... do you think I have a case for backdated paymens due to not being assessed properly the time before? I doubt it but you never know.  If it is technical pleas =e feel free ot inbox me
  • Posted

Well done good news from face to face

As les says go for pip more money and is not means tested at all

Got mine in 2 weeks time only been waiting a very long time too

• Posted

can anyone tell me the full amount he will be receiving he has been put in the support group
    • Posted

If placed in a severe disability premium of £61.85 per

It's backdated too the 14th week if the assement takes longer than 13 weeks

Have a look at the ESA website will explain it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.