esa help pls

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can anyone pls advise me pls i have been on esa now for 14 weeks and yesterday i rang dwp and was not that i dont need a face to face as they ws happy with my form and imfo and that i would be recieving a letter i said does that mean i have been awarded esa the man said that my claim is still live so i still have not got a clue if ive got it or dm has been a decision so worried.regards

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Happy, It sounds possitive but no one else can answer your question but the DWP. My advice would be to ring them again and ask what the decision was. This is the only way you'll know unless you wait for the letter.

• Posted

Hi

The same happened to my daughter. It looks like you have been awarded a continuance of your ESA Award.

Best wishes

• Posted

Thanku so much for your replies and thank goodness for these web sites well plucked up the courage to ring them got a really nice lady the situation is at the mo is that dm is awaiting paperwoek maybe from medical centre and says recommondation is sg and prognossis is 2 years but dm deciding which group awaiting paper work said nothing to worry about i thinks there need my esa50 but who knows i feel ok i know i am unfit fir work as i awaiting to go in hospital for ladies things so maybe dm is awaiting report or sumthing in wrjting i wont count my chickens until i get letter but claim is still live and i suppose if i was not entilled to it it wkuld close my claim just a case of dm decing which group regards soz re my spelling my eyes are bad too !!!!!!
  • Posted

hi.

I had similar letter last year concerning ESA. for what my story's worth, I rang and rang sometimes waitng 3/4 of an hour. eventually got through. told me not to worry, just procedural letter, they give them out all the time. anyway, did as told and didn't worry. that was nearly 12 months ago. nothing changed, still get my entitlement. so hope that helps. all the best.

• Posted

Orr thanku you just dont get a yes or no re your questions just dwp laungauge but hey ho got to look at it another way always sumone worst of tgen you so keep smiling !!! Thanku kind people
  • Posted

My rule of thumb is don't believe it, until you see it in writing! Too many times I have been told something over the phone, and its not what is clarified in a letter!

• Posted

I agree await the brown envelope and open with caution well thats what it should say on envelope .!!!!! Nothing is real till you get letter regards to all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.