ESA & PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am in receipt of both ESA & PIP, and had my PIP medical a couple of months ago,, and am in the support group and been granted it until 2012. I just got sent the ESA forms to complete and send before Feb, so that I can get another assessment to see if I am fit to work! I get so worked up about these forms and assessments, because it all depends on the day how bad I am feeling if I can even get dressed, so I end up worrying myself about how I MIGHT be feeling on 'that' day, that I make myself ill, weeks before.! I called them to ask why I am being sent these, as I have COPD, CRPS, and have now been diagnosed ( and awaiting an appointment) with sleep apnoea... work??? I can hardly get 2 hours sleep at a time, am in constant pain, and shortness of breath! I had a medical this time last year, do they honestly think I have had a miraculous recovery?? I WISH!! Why do these different 'departments' liase with each other? Think of the millions they could save!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

SORRY!!! That was supposed to say why they DONT liase
  • Posted

I know we all think dwp are harsh but dwp look at in in diffrent ways and i do tbh people work with disabilities who work in enviroments which are aided for a disable person ie wheelchairs ect so i am glad dwp do hace these hard tests forms to fill out ect i will retuen to work when i am fit after my op it puts some folk to shame who could wirk but chose not to with there illnesses or dwp do but some folk who could claim esa pip chose not to even with a disability my neibourgh is disabled uses a wheelchair and goes to work everyday .esa is totally diffrent to pip diffrent descriptors everything goodluck
  • Posted

HI Phyllis, I know these assessments are stressful but Happy is right. ESA and PIP are completely different benefits. People work and claim PIP. ESA is for those unable to work. You may not need an assessment for ESA. They may make a decision based on your evidence alone. They did with me a few months ago. I also had PIP review letter at the same time. Had to have another assesment for PIP as my mobility had changed. Nothing to worry about there either as was awarded the Enhanced mobility part. Just make sure you send plenty of evidence with your ESA50 form and if possible get some help with filling out those forms. They're incredibly difficult to fill in and really stress me out. CAB helped me with mine.

• Posted

I understand this Denise, but when you go into the 'system' for the 1st time after working 45 years and never having claimed anything, they do not explain what you are entitled to claim, I was made to feel like a lesser human being on my 1st assessment, so much so I had to involve my local MP as the person doing the assessment ( a doctor) blatently made up what he wrote on the assessment! I had 8 months ( and a folder as thick as your arm) of hell at a time I was at my lowest. I certainly get stressed about the whole system after that, and IF I could choose to  have continued working or going through this, I know what I would rather do!    sad  Of course you get people ( as happybee said) that are fit enough to work but dont, you also get that in a work environment, where some work a lot harder than others, while they 'look' busy. Hey ho, I will just have to deal with it, thanks for your advice smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.