ESA & PIP Consultation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, new to this forum I have had Crohn’s for 20 years now. Diagnosis, 1, Stricturing small bowel Crohn’s Disease with minimal colonic involvement. 2, seronegative arthropathy. had my work contract terminated on ill health September 2015, I am only taking azathioprine 50mg, as tried all other meds. I have been to the ESA & PIP Consultation and waiting for the results, just wondering how everyone got on with them? I found them very stressful, indeed! Thanks for reading, Twiglet

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Just to update i did not pass on the ESA assessment i only scored 6 points for continence. I have to go and see the Jobcentre officer on Wednesday to get on the JSA, what a right pain! I'm still waiting for the PIP report. Merry Christmas all,
  • Posted

I applied for DLA 4 years ago and was supported in the application by my GP. My consultant thought I had applied years before but I didn't realise that you could still work and gave DLA. it was agreed indefinately straight away but I also have Lupus, arthritis, nerve damage, antiphospholipid syndrome , really low BP and damaged discs in my neck and back. It has made things so much easier having that extra money and I'm lucky that the company I've worked for since I was 16yo (now 44yo) have been really supportive and made all necessary adjustments so I can carry on working for now.

Both they and I know that in next few years I will have to stop working and will then be pensioned off early through Ill health.

Good luck with your application and helps if you can get letters off your GP and consultant to add support to your application.

• Posted

Hi, I was on Azathioprine 50mg did nothing for my flare up just made me feel sick. I am waiting to be put on a new drug, don't ask me what it is called do not know yet.
  • Posted

Happy new year, thanks sickinsect/stephaney28634

I have had both the results from ESA/PIP Consultations, Scored 6, ESA, 0 PIP, ESA money was stopped on the 21-12-2015, had a interview with jobcentre for JSA on 22-12-2015 and have to sign on 15-01-2016, I have a outpatients appointment with my consultant at the hospital regarding Crohn’s Disease on 05-01-2016,

What's the next move?

Ask for mandatory reconsideration?

Sickinsect, I'm 35 years old and work for the company for 15 years, they payed up my contract and a full year holiday. Better then nothing I guess?

Stephaney28634, Azathioprine started working after 3 months, but mid December I've started feeling unwell again. hope your new meds are working well?

• Posted

Just to update you all, today I rang the ESA/PIP to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and that I was not happy that they had not contacted my GP or my consultant, they said that I had to give them permission for them to do so. I now have to wait 2 weeks for ESA to give me a answer and PIP can take up to 9 weeks! All this messing around is not helping my Crohn’s Disease at all!
  • Posted

I failed the PIP again and now waiting for a date for a tribunal, I have still not heard nothing from ESA!
  • Posted

Hi all, great news! The tribunal awarded me daily living and mobility components standard rate for PIP .

This should of never had gone to a tribunal in the first place!

Some of the questions: did you go to school? Do you know what a carrot is?

They asked the person that went with me, if I was safe around children?

Next up, waiting tribunal date for ESA!

Thanks

Twiglet

• Posted

Hi all had my ESA tribunal yesterday and was put in the support group, I was in and out in 30 minutes. I was only asked 10 questions,

they were very friendly and a letter will be in the post of confirmation of the decision.

Thanks Twiglet

• Posted

So does that mean they are going to pay you ESA now or do you have to formally await their decision. The whole process is rubbish. A friend of mine has terminal cancer, nerve damage from fractured vertebrae and a pacemaker fitted. She has had to go through the reassessment 4 times on last 4 years and each time after being forced to go to a meeting they apologise and say she should never have been down to be reassessed. But still it keeps happening. The first time she was told by the assessor (who wasn't even a doctor or nurse) that my friend's consultant was lying by saying on a letter she had terminal cancer as my friend was expected to live more than 6 months and that in the assessors opinion terminal only means if you die within 6 months.

I know they have to cracking down on benefit fraud but sadly the ones they should be denying the benefits to are still managing to get them paid to them whilst others have to fight tooth and nail.

• Posted

That is terrible how they have treated your friend.

Yesterday I received the letter from the tribunal saying that I have been put in the support component for 24 months, Now waiting for a phone call from the DWP!

Twiglet,

• Posted

Sorry to be a bit thick but I got DLA before this new esa thing came in. So what does it mean to be put in the support group? Do you get the esa pip money and if it is for 24 months do you then have to reapply?
    • Posted

PIP is replacing DLA, the Support group is for ESA, that means I am not fit to work and they leave me alone until they review may case again in 18 months time.

DWP have paid me all my back dated payment for both PIP/ESA, result!

Thanks

Twiglet,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.