Esophageal Spasms and fluttery throat.

Posted , 4 users are following.

You guys does Esophageal Spasms have like fluttery feeling in the throat?? is it related or not. please i need an answer 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sarah, my esophageal spasms are a pain that starts in the esophagus and goes up the throat and around the jaw; also can feel that pain in the back.  I also often get that fluttery feeling, and to be quite honest, I don't know if that has something to do with the spasm, because I also get the fluttery feeling without the pain.

• Posted

i have this fluttery feeling in my throat almost everyday ive been searching for an answer, specially when i twist my body or move my head. im confused rolleyes

• Posted

Even for myself, I truly don't know what this is; hopefully others on this Forum can enlighten us.  Perhaps 'stress' plays a part in this.

• Posted

Mine feel more like chest pains and are more painful than a flutter. I also get a full feeling almost like my chest is full of cotton and I can't breathe that well. Makes it hard to swallow if I'm eating or drinking. The spasm sometimes moves up towards my throat and jaw as well.

• Posted

The spasms are normally something described as being like a heart attack pain, so far more intense than what you describe, but it may well be that the fluttery feeling is a reaction affecting the nerve system in some way, perhaps?

​Although not so painful, it mucty be a problem as it sounds like the fluttery feeling could be associated with a gagging feeling perhaps?

It may be that there might be some kind of medication that might help.

​With spams, Buscopan can help some people;  also eating banana, or warm water.

​Relaxation techniques are also worth thinking about.

• Posted

im allergic to buscopan unfortunately, i literally dont know to describe what i feel. thank youu smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.