Etanercept

Posted , 5 users are following.

This drug is new to me, and I had my second injection two days ago. It's combined with Methotrexate, which I am okay with, but the Etanercept makes me feel nauseous and totally exhausted for a day or two afterwards. Do these side effects improve with continued use?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Nausea gets better w time usually after third month . Make sure that you take enbrel solely on that day to minimize nausea.take methotrexate on separate day if at all possible
    • Posted

AND take folic acid at times you are not taking the MTX because it depletes it in your system so it is needed for your general overall health..
  • Posted

IF it's from the enbrel, that is an unqualified yes, no side effects later on.  I actually do not remember any initially, but I can tell you that Methotrexate is a horrible med, for many of us.  I felt sicker on it than not on it.  It is one of the three ingredients in the morning after abortion pill.  

• Posted

Hi Linda,

Are you on Enbrel or Benepali?

I've been on the benepali brand of etanercept for 3 weeks now and am on 25mg of methotrexate a week too. I've not had any side effects from etanercept. I do get a slight upset tummy for a few days after the methotrexate though.

I think things are different for each person. Hope things pick up for you.

• Posted

Hi ,i have diagnosed with RA about 2.5 year ago,i used only one steroid injection, afteri was prescribed metatrexate but refused to use it,because of its side effect,i changed diet,i used some vitamin,.Had problem with right knee,now left knee have sometime pain,alsa my left and right hips has sometime pain,.i can stand and do light work,but i know it can be a worse later.i used some cream,and DMSO.Dmso liquid i used on painful joints,i was realy helphul,i readed about DMSO intavenous injection,it takes away all inflammation in body,maybe somebody used it,give me advice please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.