ETD and exercise

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had ETD for 5 years or so. Really flares upafter any strenuous exercise-ears blocked, tinnitus and feeling of fullness especially in the left ear. Sprays don't help to alleviate the fluid build up!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's a possibility but an ENT would be better to ask. Tubes are mainly for consistent fluid and fullness, but maybe an ENT has another option. Antihistamines or any anti-inflammatory meds? Those might help.

• Posted

The combo that works best for me is allegra & Sudafed D as soon as I wake up.  Sinus rinse, hot shower with a hot wash rag over my face for a few minutes followed by Flonase.  I take 1 Sudafed every 4 hours during the day and I take two benadryl at bedtime.  

Have you been tested for allergies?  Two ENT's told me that my ETD was due to allergies so I went to an allergist and the only thing I am allergic to is dogs.  We have two that my husband refuses to rehome so I am living two hours away with my mother.  I am going to start immunotherapy so I can possibly go home in 6-8 mos.  

• Posted

Thank you ever so much taking time to replay. I will have an allergy test as there has been recent improvement and a reduction in tinnatus. It all satrted after a heavy dose of antibiotics 4/5 years ago but the ENt said it has nothing to do with that.  regards
  • Posted

Mine can do that too . To the point I stopped doing exercise apart from walking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.