Eustachian tube disorder

Posted , 4 users are following.

my left eustachian tube has been blocked for 3 years. I'm fed up. I had the drainage tube put in which solved the symptoms by about 50% immediately , but gradually the systems are going back to what they were before, even though I still have to have surgically installed hole in my eardrum.

symptoms are autophony, sensitivity to certain sounds, crackling (not bothersome), feeling of pressure, and occasional heartbeat hearing (not bothersome), some minor loss of positional awareness due to things sounding closer than they are. no hearing loss.

the nasal steroid isn't helping. I've been taking it for 1 year rolleyes

ive got 99 problems and I really would rather my autophony and sensitivity to certain noises not be 1 of them

maybe if I valslava while wearing earplugs I can force the steroid in my ear or something? I'm willing to try anything

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jacques,

Are you sure you have Eustachain tube disorder?  There is another condition that has the same symptoms called Superior Canal Dehiscence.  I happen to have this condition.   I am curious,  if in a quiet room can you hear the movements of your eye?

• Posted

thanks for the insight. I don't really have a diagnosis so I'll look into this.

I can't hear my eye sockets moving. I've have some mild tinnitus though, especially when wearing earplugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.