Eviction Notice!

Posted , 6 users are following.

So after suffering with gallbladder pain for almost 2 years, the tests finally showed an irregularity and it is being pulled out today.

Proves that sometimes symptoms are experienced way before tests confirm them.

Prayers please for me and my healthcare team for a safe surgery!

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Joys,

Will pray for you and your team! I'm sure all will go well, though!  Glad your gallbladder's on it's way out! xx

• Posted

Hi, good luck with your surgery, I'm due to have mine out in March. Fingers crossed all goes well for you today. Let us know how you get on when you feel upto it.

Take care.

• Posted

Good luck Joys. Take it easy after and don't do too much too soon, Cynthia (2 weeks post op)

• Posted

Not too bad, thanks. Only I had a chest infection post op so that has held me up a little.

​How about you?

​I still have random pains and indigestion although I eat very light still.

​But this is to be expected.

• Posted

Do you recall having nausea in the early days post op? The pains I've had seem to be gone, but nausea occurs regardless of food intake. So eating light here as well. I've read that if you avoid fatty foods during the first 3 months post op, it guarantees that you won't develop the post choley syndrome (diarrhea immediately after eating) thst can last for months.

Are you glad you went through with the surgery?

• Posted

No nausea  Joys. I did have nausea severely months ago when first had problems though.

?Then I had anti nausea pills but I only took them now and then due to side effects. Have you got any of these and do they help at all?

?I also had seabands from the chemist that have a bead that puts pressure on your wrist to alleviate nausea. Ginger is supposed to be good too, I make fresh lemon, ginger and honey into a hot drink sometimes.

?I am keeping to low fat for now as I don't fancy fatty food any more.

?Not sure how I will feel about the op in future, but glad it was done finally after so long, so I can move forward, one way or another.

?The gallbladder had many stones and was scarred, so I doubt it did me much good anyway and I understand they do not recover at that stage. More importantly, the docs would not consider any further investigations as they had found no reason other then gb for my troubles and if any symptoms remain, at least now we will know there must be some other reason.

?I am, of course, hoping for an improvement. I also had signs of a bacterial imbalance pre-op after h pylori antibiotics and that takes a long time to resolve.

?Hope you are doing OK, it is early days for us.

• Posted

You are so right.....it is our early days and we are relearning our new digestive tracts. I doubled up on Nexium and nausea appears to have resolved. I will look into the sea bands and ginger. My symptoms were unrelated to food early on. I was just in horrid pain most of the time regardless of meals. They found a large lesion in my GB and debris, which I think is sludge. Waiting on biopsy results. 3 days post op, no pain meds and the pain is gone! I am almost afraid to say it or put it in writing. I, too, had bacterial imbalance and began a probiotic. It took 3 months but it resolved. Here's to our continued healing and return to wellness. It's cold here in the US, but trying to take a walk today. Best of luck!

• Posted

Good to know the pain is gone for you. A walk is a good way to get the circulation going again.

?I know what you mean, we are afraid to speak too soon about it. I'm just saying so far so good!

?Thanks  and good luck to you biggrin

• Posted

Hey Lynda,

​Great to see you here too!

​It has been raining here so spent the afternoon on the laptop xx

• Posted

Great news! Surgeon called and reported all biopsies of GB and liver were normal! Sounds like my gallbladder had adenomyositis , was full of polyps and sludge and there was a stone in the common bile duct. Please take note that this stone did not show on ultrasound, CT scan or an MRI!

So trust your symptoms and fight like a warrior for answers. I spent 2 years in pain, refusing to have my GB removed without diagnostic proof of anything being wrong. In the end it had to be removed. Since it's removal all pain and other symptoms are GONE!

PRAYERS for all of us seeking answers....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.