Excessive Nightime Urination (Catheter Question)

Posted , 3 users are following.

10 to 15 times a night for years. I get one hour of sleep maximum if i take a sleeping pill.   Urologist's haven't helped. "Out of Options"

I have excessive gas when i lay down at night too, which makes me wonder if i G.I doctor might find something, but am afriad they'll do the same crap and tell me to diet or something. It's so serious. I haven't had any sleep in 10 years or more. Sometimes, i go thru months on end with zero sleep. Last thing i want to hear is someone telling me i am sleeping but don't know it.            Catheters..i asked for some interrmitent ones a while back, and sure, it empties at first, but then you get the kidneys going and you end up having to go all night anyway. Do some people use a intermittant numerous times a night? Any advantage at all to that? I thought i read that some people do that.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you looked up Diabetes Insipidus as I going through similar hell & hopefully getting latest Blood/Urine Tests today currently experts are stating as Highly Unlikely to be Diabetes Insipidus but have seen helpfully info on here to realise it is.

I pee every two hours on average:

00:05. 02:00. 04:15. 05:30 etc throughout the day and need to drink 200ml water after each pee that helps. Going through water fast from 8pm as I type & had to eat mini cheese cake to take thirst pain away - as you state it's a nightmare as nobody been listening to me for over 18 months now until I arrived at QA Cosham Hospital UK on Tueday morning with complete loss of Blood Sodium etc rest is on the Diabetese Insipidus page. So worth a look?

You got to shout " Help " pretty loud these days?

Good luck

Derek

• Posted

Hello Delboy,

I don't think it's that, but first let me say, i have just non stop excessive gas.......only when lying down. I had a feeling it's somehow connected..just makes sense, but no one listens to that. I read that vinegar helps with intestinal gas..at first i thought it really helped, then basically waned.. I read about a teaspoon of baking soda plus lemon juice........plus vinegar if wanted helps. The past two days i got up about 2 times at night! The night before i started, it was 15-20 times. So far so good, but i could change again, i don't know that for sure.       But anyway, nice to meet someone who's going thru the same hell as me. I still cannot sleep at all though.............insomnia. That part is still unchanged unfortunately.   I'm going to a sleep clinic sometime soon. Just waiting for the call. I doubt they have miracles though.

• Posted

I have had frequent urination for almost two years, especially at night, feels like inflammation but no infection.  Reading some of the natural rememdies, I came acroos this "I have IC and was diagnosed by a wonderful urologist at The University of Michigan Medical Center. She told me that a lot of her patients use baking soda. I bought some large gelatin capsules, and I fill them with natural baking soda (Bob’s Red Mill). I take two before bed every night. This has helped me more than anything else I’ve tried."

I tried this and it helped tremendously, couldn't hurt to try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.