Exercise

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started back at jazzercise today which I loved but since having hs my energy levels are so low I struggled I know I haven't been in a while but this was totally different. I have had hs about a year. But after the exercise I showered as I know u need to not get sweaty but an hour after I have hs appear under my boobs which I have never had before normally in groin and under arm. I'm so uncomfortable. How do u manage exercise and not increase flare ups. Also some days do u find u just want to sleep

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

?I'm always tired. I feel constantly exhausted and I put it down to my under-active thyroid, even though I've been on medication for that for 5 years. I actually never thought it could be due to the HS. I'd really like to hear if other people with HS have exhaustion! I've never before heard that it's one of the symptoms of HS. 

• Posted

Hi I have had HS for many years but fortunately nowhere near as bad as some.  I do feel tired a lot.  But I also am in my 60's now,  have copd and depression so I put it down to that.  I never thought of HS as a cause of it but who knows?  x

• Posted

I'm wondering now if there's even more to this damned condition than i realised.

• Posted

Yess, some days I feel so drained I car hardly pry myself from my bed if it wasnt for my back pain, I wouldnt get up at all. I think it must be because our bodies are trying so hard to fight.. itself. 

I get them under my breasts occasionally, it used to be a lot worse. I find that the areas affected change occasionally. I used to get alot between my buttocks, that stopped, then I got a lot under my breasts, that stopped, then my underarms and groin- where I am now. 

I find keeping the area dry is the most important thing for me. Have you thought about maybe putting a few paper towels under your breasts? I would put them folded in half where they are sticking out under my bra too. to help keep everything dry if I know i know i will be sweating a lot. Same with my arms, If I feel like I am, or will be gooey I ususally have tissues under my arms, looks silly, but it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.