Exercise Intolerance

Posted , 5 users are following.

Good morning. First time poster here.

I have been reading about exercise intolerance and wonder if anyone else may have this?

Brief history: around 3-4 years ago I was going to the gym, walking to work and back and suddenly started to feel rather knackered even after a walk and skipping the weights. I felt like I wanted to sleep forever, could not get up in the morning, ached all over like I had run a marathon. Today I am half asleep at my desk all because I had a day out on Sunday and did a lot of walking. My bones hurt. I will drive home from work and sleep for 2 hours. This is slowly getting worse to the point I am going to refuse a gentle evening out tonight as I will not get up for work tomorrow, or even get out of bed.

As a child I was never good at sport and have never in my life managed to get aerobically fit. I have done numerous running programs, failed at 5 minutes and over. I eat healthily and am only a few pounds overweight.

I don't touch alcohol and I haven't smoked in 10 years.

I have often thought about the process of the body getting oxygen into the blood and energy to muscles. I always felt this was missing!! If that makes sense. Exercise Intolerance seems to fit.

I have been to the docs may times over the last few years to get an answer to this as it is affecting my normal life and all the tests come back clear and they say there isn't anything wrong. Well there clearly is!!!!

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks in anticipation and good wished to you all.xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Biscuit51

What tests have you had?

• Posted

The usual, thyroid, inflammation, organ function etc.

Fibro was suggested but it doesn't fit that, no matching tender points.

After doing anything exercise like I feel like I have been

steam-rollered😐.

• Posted

Hi Biscuit51

Have you had your B12 tested if this is low you get extremely tired and achey and very low energy levels plus other symptoms....look up B12 deficiency and see if your symptoms correlate.....if you are B12 deficient you can bring your levels up by taking B12 complex tabs...using B12 patches..or if it is low your doc may suggest B12 injections.....best wishes...

• Posted

I wish I had some really great suggestions, however, my mind connected with thyroid. If this was normal probably is not it, but keep in mind thyroid "normal" numbers are just a standard to go by not always right number for your body.  That is all I have! Good luck keep on fighting.

• Posted

Thank you. I have heard that about thyroid

but docs don't like you consulting Dr Google ...at least mine doesn't. .

Good luck to you too. ?

• Posted

Hi Bisuit;  I am wondering if you have read anything on the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (and I know some call this and Exercise Intolerance the same)?....However, to me I feel there are differences.....as when you say, you weren't reall Exercising on the Sunday, merely walking etc?    This sounds like me after I have a Full day/s,  (as I did this past week).    It is the same feeling of "being run over by a steamroller etc"......Just no energy and wanting to Sleep.

?However, I am also wondering re the Sore Joints etc:   where do you live, (although I am reading that this condition is becoming obvious in more countries than previously thought).   Have you (or can remember) been ever bitten by a hard-shell back tick?  There is also a condition known as Lyme's Disease, that can present with symtoms Many years after the bite, and it's symptoms are similar to those that you have mentioned, too.

?still think it more life CFS though...............my best advice would be to ask for a referral to a good, up-to-date Rhuematologist.                           Good luck,  Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.