Exhausted

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, is it possible for side effects to come and go? I've been on citalopram since December and I'm having a really anxious time and I feel absolutely exhausted. Can anyone relate?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry this isn't much help but I have been on this since November and have noticed anxiety returning. Would be interesting to see if this is just what happens x hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

hi what dose are you on and what side effects are you having.
    • Posted

Hi Marky,

I'm on 30mg but my GP put me up to 40 last week, I took 40 for nearly a week but went back down to 30 the other day because it was making me feel strange, I'm wondering if it's because I've confused my body a little? I just feel exhausted and on edge, all the awful anxiety symptoms and full on fear of dying.

• Posted

hi i started on 10mg 6 month ago was on that for 4 weeks then uped to 20mg lasted for around 5 weeks felt total crap could not function at all so now im taking 15mg im not as spaced out but dont feel any better i dont know how people can go to work on these tablets from what i have been reading on here i should of been feeling somewhat better by know im now thinking its time to try and withdraw as i wasent feeling as bad as i do know before taking these meds.
  • Posted

Hi Alicia,

I too am on them but since November and still have bad side effects it just depends on the individual but I'm at my wits end with them at this stage and going bk to my doctor as I am ok some days but generally don't work for me, I'm on 10mg

Gary

• Posted

hi i have been on these for 6 months and i have been feeling crap since i started them.
    • Posted

Hi Gary, what side effects do you get? My anxiety levels have been sky high today and I just feel so exhausted. I hate feeling like this. I hope you find a way of feeling better.
    • Posted

Yes I feel your pain I'm worse with them and still afraid of going out of the house some days

• Posted

Hi Alicia, I'm still sore all over, dizzy, anxiety still very high, sleepless nights, dry mouth the only thing is I've a great appetite but in general I've some good days but they do not outweigh the bad ones plus very agitated, these should've worked by now but some people say it can take 6 months, also if you increase or decrease your dose you're back to square one again, hope that helps

• Posted

Hi Alicia.

yes I can, absolutely sick to death of it!  Been on cit since end of november, had two good weeks over xmas, and the got all angsty/nervy tummy back again. Have been increased to 30mg two weeks ago which has made me more anxious, hoping that's the increase rather than me but who knows.  Tired all the time. So frustrating as it's nearly 3 months and nothing changes.  I wake up with the anxiety every morning.  X

• Posted

mornings are horrible the butterflies in the stomach and the anxiety then up for a hour tired again for a few hours i dont know which way to turn try stop come off or increase but when i last increased felt even worse.
    • Posted

Hi Marky. I know what you mean. I don't know whether to come off them or carry on. GP wants me to carry on. It's just so infuriating! I know I've got to help myself too but that's so hard when the anxiety kicks off immediately on waking, just sets you up for a crap day! I do push myself, I still go to work, take the kids to school etc.  I was told that in order to get over anxiety, you have to keep doing this you normally do. So I carry on regardless, feeling like poo, and still have it! Can you tell I've got the hump??!! I'm normally a happy go lucky type of person so this illness is just mind blowing to me, just can't understand it at all.

• Posted

its so hard when you here others are fine on these meds after a couple of months with no side effects i agree you have to keep trying to do what you always do even if it is so hard but you have kids to look after aswell must be tough its such a strange feeling sometimes when i first started taking 20mg i felt completely out of it derealisation i hated it so thats why i came back down to 10mg and now back up to 15mg i hope things start to get better for me and yourself.
    • Posted

Hi folks ,

Think we've all spoken before! I've been on citalopram since mid August last year and only really just feel human again without analysing how I feel every morning. I'm only just seeing an improvement in my sleeping so my days feel better. I'm back at work at long last and finally looking forward to things again.

So, I would say hold steady on your current dose and hang on in there. It's so difficult isn't it cause you don't know what is the anxiety and what are the side effects from the tablets.

• Posted

hi gerrymoo good to here things are looking up for you what dose do you take.
    • Posted

Hi Marky B,

I've been on 20mg since August and 10 for a few weeks before that. I had a really weird blip just after new year but stuck it out and it went away after 1-2 weeks

• Posted

hi im only on 15mg have been for the month still feeling crap since september.
    • Posted

Hi there

Hope you are feeling a bit better today.  I woke with the horrid anxiety this morning but it gradually subsided by about 10am and have been pretty ok since then although I guess will be back to,the normal crap in the morning!  It's weird but I also get anxious after I've eaten as well, can't figure that one out!!!  Unless it's all still in my head from when I completely lost my appetite and couldn't eat anything at he beginning, who knows! 

Im now 2 weeks into the increase to 30. It's definitely a long waiting game that's for sure!

• Posted

hi debbie same here morning anxiety with feeling sick how long have you been taking cit for.
    • Posted

I've been on it since the end of November, two weeks at 10mg, then up to 20. I feel a lot better than I did and had two really good weeks but crashed back down again so that's why I increased to 30, two weeks ago. Feeling a bit anxious again this morning, nervy tummy! It's something I've never experienced before so all very weird!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.