Exhaustion versus Loneliness: Loneliness Wins

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm still supposed to be resting but I miss being on the computer and talking to everyone.  .

Couldn't wait to get back online today.  How is everyone?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Morning Rose,

The balance between activity and rest is often hard with "this" isn't it? I find I can't often sit at my computer and am on a tiny android phone typing here. Its much easier for me but even then it can be hard to have the energy!

Its a lovely misty morning here and I'm back in bed resting until I have to go to cfs/me clinic later.

it feels a bit like were all out in the ocean with only our radio's for contact today if that makes sense?

Rest well

B

• Posted

Morning Bev,

I love misty mornings. Is it Autumn where you are?  I love Autumn.

Yes, I know what you mean about it feeling like radio contact.

It's really hard trying to explain to the Outsiders why it's so tiring being on the computer.  Driving is the same.  They just don't get it.

Mental activity is just as exhausting as physical.

The whole computer thing becomes a Catch 22...don't you think?

Wouldn't it be great if we just spoke and the computer typed it?? One day, that might happen smile

Rose

• Posted

I am so pleased I got a laptop last october, It is so much easier lying on the bed than sitting at a desk typing. I will never ever set foot in an M.E. clinic again after my experience there. The problem with them has been going on since June. Only got it sorted. Just too much stress.
    • Posted

Hi Alison,

My appointment with them went ok, but only have four left in any count. I know you had alot of trouble with yours and it did seem very stressful. I wish they could be more even, seems its a mixed bag of who you get to see? I could do with a laptop or similar. I'm quite happy doing things laying downor resting but sitting up can tire me out !

B

• Posted

Hi Rose.  Glad you made it to the computer today.  I'm on the way up today having spent the last couple of weeks not able to concentrate on anything at all.  I usually love being around people but recently felt I was not just physically tired but even more so mentally and emotionally.  So I've given myself permission to retreat into a protective bubble to look after myself for a while.  Spent some time with a colouring book and some pencils yesterday and actually managed to stagger down to the bottom of the street to look at the trees in the sunshine. Take care and have as good as possibe day smile
    • Posted

Hi Mo,

I love colouring books   It's so relaxing, a great stress reliever. I only like working with crayons, though, as it easier for me. Problem is, I can't find any that are suitable for adults.  They are all too kiddified.

So you are creative too.  I read that people with CFS/ME tend to be creative and senstivie.. How factual that is, I don't know, but that's very interesting.

I know what you mean about retreating into a protective bubble...that's a good word and so true.

Hope you having a relaxing, healing time in your bubble today smile

Take care

Rosex

• Posted

Hi Rose.  Sorry it's taken me a few days to reply but I've been enjoying my bubble!  Last Christmas I found quite a few colooouring books for grown ups in a very well-known online store - not sure if we're supposed to mention names here but I bet you inow who I mean!  I even saw a colouring book for grown ups at the supermarket the last time I got there.  I do find it relaxing but again only when  I have sufficient energy.  I totally agree about the creative/sensitive link with CFS.  Hope you're good today.  Take care.  Mo 
    • Posted

Hi Rose,

they have a whole raqnge of adult colouring books out at the moment. Are you in England? if so, WHsmiths and Sainsburies do them. I just bought one for my 19 year olds birthday called "enchanted garden"

Hope that helps

B

• Posted

Hi Bev,

No, I'm not in England, I'm in NZ.  But this one you bought called "enchanted garden" sounds lovely.  Who is the artist and who are the publishers because the bookstore here might be able to order it in for me?

Rosesmile.

• Posted

Hi Rose,

Its Johanna Basford. Some of the pictures are intricate but, I think alot would be fine with crayons. Also the pages are cream rather than white which I feel is softer on the eye and the pages are thick enough for felt pens too.

Hope that helps

B

• Posted

Hi Bev,

Oh, that's great.  Thank you.  I'll see if the store can get it for me.

I was just reading your earlier message about Autumn.  It's actually Spring where I am, miles away in NZ smile 

But I do love Autumn so much although this year I am really enjoying the Spring too, as the weather has been so beautiful which is unusual for us.  It's usually very changable with cyclones and things like that.

Take care

Rose smile.

• Posted

Hi Rose,

Didn't realize you have such a difference in the season's! Spring is lovely too : )

B

• Posted

Hi Rose, I am not too bad today thank you, and I am glad to see that you are feeling a little better and well enough to get back online.  I share your loneliness and sometimes the Internet helps you to interact with people doesn't it.

I am like you and can sometimes go a few days having to lie down or stay in bed, and when you're on your own, it can get very lonely indeed can't it.  This is a great site to 'chat' to others, especially as we all share a similar if not same illness.  I hope that you are able to feel a bit better for the next few days.  Take it easy - easy to say I know - especially when you have piles of household chores waiting to be done eh!!!!

Take care, Val x

• Posted

Hi Val,

When you get lonely, do you ever get depressed?  How do you deal with it?

I read that low thyroid can also make you depressed and I've been told my thyroid is underactive but treating it is another thing altogether...you know what I mean??

Take care, Rosex

• Posted

Hi,rose I hope your OK? I stayed offline today up till now as thought it might make my balance worse but dont think it makes a difference,I'm a little better today and now taking serc,take care Lisa x
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, really sorry that you have this continual problem with balance.

I'm feeling realy tired and depressed today.  Should look at some fuuny pics, I guess, something to make me laugh .Will post some more soon when I'm up to it.  Take care x

• Posted

Hi rose,I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling depressed ,I think a lot of us online feel depressed and fed up with our illnesses, I think why me what have I done to deserve this,I just want to be working and have a normal life,I hope you are not to bad now?take care Lisa xx
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, yes the hardest part is feeling like a reject in society, not fitting in anymore.  Outcasts of society and all that we've lost because of it.

I'll feel better in a day or two.  It comes in waves.

I've found that vitamin D can lift the mood but you have to keep upping dose as the body gets used to it.  I would love to get hold of some laughing gas...must ask my doctor smile

Yes, I want to be working too and have anormal life...mabe one day.rolleyes

I hope you have a good day today.  Take care Rose xx

• Posted

Morning rose,I know what you mean about feeling like a reject in society that's how I'm feeling as when I'm out I can pass out with dizziness and look drunk when I don't even drink,I feel embarrassed but trying to struggle on,take care Lisa xx
    • Posted

Oh, that's so awful for you. Are you like that all the time or just some days?
    • Posted

I'm like that a lot,I've had 4 good days so far in a row where I've not fallen or fainted but not to great today,can't be left alone as I've got a 3 yr old so always with a family member xx
    • Posted

Hi Lisa,

I get the drunk and slurring bit quite often and falling, banginging into things but don't faint. I'm guessing that's quite scary for you? hope you have good support around you including the medical profession.

B

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.