Experiences on Sulfasalazine?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have just started Sulfasalazine, i am upping my dose over the next 4 weeks, i have been reading allsorts about it and it's side effects, i am just curious to hear about people's experience on this medication good and bad! The DMARDS scare me a little if i'm honest.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracey been on it for years, not done anything for me, other than give me pain in my kidneys

Good Luck

• Posted

Oh no! That's not good! Thank you, will see how it goes i guess.

Thank you

• Posted

Tracy , I have just started on this drug after being on Hydroxachloraquine, been on it 2 weeks now and have had severe tummy aches and diahorrea for the past week. I am hoping that once my bode gets used to the drug the side effects will disappear, if not back to the Rheumy doctor
  • Posted

i have been on this since mid november. The side effects were really bad for a while but i think that i drug the adjustment process out by too often skipping doses because i felt so bad. for the last 3 months i have taken it religiously and i can honestly say that i feel better!!! The headaches were relentless for the first few months as well ass the exhaustion. Noe that i am feeling better i dont know if I felt so bad due to the side effects or the fact that my PSA was so flarred up. Either way i finally feel better and i am so glad. Also, i have shed about 32 lbs since i started taking it which i definatly feel id a plus. i havent had stomach troubles on this medicine at all. I am so thankful tat it has helped me. Good luck with your journey and God Bless
  • Posted

I have been on it now for some 3/4 years and never had any trouble.
  • Posted

Try to stick with them Tracey.

I have been on the a few years now and they seem to be helping with the pain.

I don't think anything will make you pain free but the less side effects the better.

As you say dmards scare me so my choice is Sulfasalazine.

Don't let other people put you off unless you find them personally not helping or bad side effects .

Hope all goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.