Extreme fatigue after stressful event...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I believe I have been suffering with anxiety for the past two years. I've not been on medication and have managed to cope with exercise, vitamins and forms of relaxation. My symptoms are much better however the one sy,prom out of my control is the extreme fatigue - especially after a stressful event. It's so bad that I fall asleep at my desk at work! Does anyone know the reason for these episodes of extreme fatigue? What can I do in these times to boost my energy? Taking time off from work to sleep is not an option! I've tried vitamins such as magnesium, omega 3, St. John's wort - any tips please?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Geraldine, can't say I know the answer but I googled "reasons for extreme fatigue" and there's a lot there... may be worth a look 😃
    • Posted

hi! I've searched Google like crazy! The closest condition to match my symptoms is adrenal fatigue and I've tried to take vitamins which could help. What I really want is a quick fix in the mean time so I don't have too many of these episodes while busy at work. Thanks for your response though! 
  • Posted

Hello,

I have suffered from anorexia and depression, and have recently been diagnosed with ME/CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome).

Perhaps your battles with anxiety have resulted in something similar like my experience, talk to your doctor about CFS being a posibility. They only diagnose after process of elimination as there is no set test for CFS. However your fatigue episodes may be due to your body being physically unable to cope with stressful moments because of your anxiety and kind of 'switch off'.

google or talk to a doctor about chronic fatigue syndrome.

I'd also recommend taking up a hobby- as this can be a good relaxation technique but also instill some motivation within you, mine is painting. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.