Extreme pain 8 days after surgery?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had my surgèry 8 days ago. But im in extreme pain when standing for more than 30 sec.enough to make me cry. But the moment i lay down its at 0.why is this happening to me ? I see most people in very mild pain in 8th day..while im in bed all day except for food and washroom. Im dying of pain. I regret getting surgery. Doctor dosent seem to care about pain

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had my surgery a week ago as well,I feel the same aswell,it's not nice,I've been told the pain could last a couple of weeks,and the swelling aswell,I also have not had a number 2 on toilet for a week,going to try and see docter tomoz for a check up.

• Posted

I also didnt had number 2 for a week but the doctor said its common issue and prescribed laxative and man it works wonders lol. But my concern is too much pain. Also were u prescribed any antibiotics?
  • Posted

Just wear good support and do not stand for prolonged time. When sitting or laying elevate your scrotum with rolled towel. You should start feeling better pretty soon. Avoid any stimulation of genitals. As of physical activity go with as you feel.

i had my surgery 3 years ago and was at work on post op day 2. 

MK

• Posted

I had the same experience and the same feelings of regret when I was in the midst of recovery. It really can be painful, but everyone's experience is different and the length of your recovery and pain is dependent on how extensive your surgery was. Your surgeon should have prescribed a pain killer or at least an anti-inflammatory. if not, I would insist--The surgeon is working for you, not the other way around. 

That said, I know how you're feeling and for a couple of weeks all I could think was "Why did I do this to myself," but it does get better. Your doctor should have given you an estimate of how long your recovery would be.

If you have questions or concerns, you should contact your recovery nurse, PA, or the surgeon. I called almost every day for a week after my surgery because of various questions and concerns I had. Remember, these people are there to assist you.

Good Luck!

• Posted

It will hurt when you stand for a few weeks but will lessen over time, it's just the blood flow.

• Posted

But it hurts when sitting also..should i be concerned since its 10th day today?
    • Posted

My scotum has swollen really big now and it's hard and very warm when I touch it,I've been useing frozen bags of peas,but they are not very cold and they don't last long,I really need this to be over so I can get on with my life,it's getting really scary for me at the moment,

• Posted

I had pain for a good month, not horrible pain but it hurt especially around the incision. You will feel a tugging feeling for about 2 months where they stitch the testicle to the inside of the scrotum but that will loosen up over time. Some tighty whities or compression shorts will help with support and help keep the pain down when standing.
    • Posted

For first 6 days my scrotum was extremely huge and swollen. Now 11th day the swelling is down but still its bigger than what it was before surgery.
  • Posted

I really feel your pain, I was feeling the same. The doctor prescribed me Tylenol 3 with codeine and that didn't do anything. Once I reached out to him and advised him of the pain, he put me on Hydrocodone (325mg). I felt a lot better. I still had a little pain but it was bearable. I'm more than 3 Weeks now, the pain is gone, and the souture has closed. Good luck

• Posted

I had surgery 4 wks ago and im still in alot of pain mainly where the testicle has been attached to the sack although the scar is healing nicely
    • Posted

Yea i have pain exactly where you have.but were you able to stand for more than 2 mins on 2nd week of surgery? Im in bed all day because of this
    • Posted

I was in pain like crazy, same as you, I wasn't able to stand for more than a couple of minutes without screaming.10 days post surgery I was put on oxycodone and the pain had dramatically subsided. I only took oxy for three days and it wasn't needed after that. At three weeks, the pain was completely gone. I honestly believe that it was primarily the effect of the medicine and the healing of the suture that is why the pain disappeared.

• Posted

I had 20 days off work and went bk on light duties last wk 12 hr shifts on my feet lol it has been painful but had no choice,ive tried to control the pain with paracetamol and ibuprofen which hasnt helped much and im still wearing the surgical jock strap i left the hospital in.if the pain continues i will be going to see the doctor because im not sure if i can lift anything heavy still or go back to the gym yet .... very frustrating but my testicle has gone down a little from the swelling but feels solid and heavy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.