Extreme worry!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so im a 21 year old female who suffers from health anxiety and depression. I also suffer from daily headaches and had a normal mri scan done in 2011. My headaches are always in the same spot also. So recently my right cheek feels wierd, im not sure if its numb. I have been in exteme worry for a week. My doctor tells me its anxiety so i want another mri for peace of mind. Should i do it, can cancer have formed in 5 years? Please help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I suggest you see your dentist to see if you have problems with the joints in your jaw before undergoing an MRI.
    • Posted

I want to go to the ER to get a check, my fear is that i have a tumor. My hypochondriac self convinced myself that i do. The only reason im freaking is because of the numb cheek.
    • Posted

Undergoing an MRI results in a lot of radiation bombarding the body. I'm sorry you're experiencing such anxiety, but in your desire to alleviate your fear you might be causing yourself more long term problems.  Still, it is your decision.

• Posted

Hi bumble.

You may find that the numb feeling in your check is probably to do with the fact your clenching your teeth constantly when you are stressing. I do it he dhole time. And it also gives me s pain in my jaws. And down my neck and up in to my head. And causes. Headaches. Then you are stressing yourself out. I would advise cutting sugar and choclates out of your diet and you will be surprised with how your stress levels will drop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.