Extremely discouraged

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey all. I'm just feeling very discouraged today. I've had a headache for a couple days now, maybe a side effect from the citalopram, but just not feeling well in general. Had a pretty productive day, however, sitting on the couch and I started having some chest tightness, left shoulder pain and the pins and needles. So I breathed through all of it and thought it was getting better. Ended up taking .25 of clonezepam to maybe calm myself more. Fell asleep around 10pm and here it is again. Woke up hot, neck sweaty, palms sweaty, heart rate is slightly elevated, more pins and needles... I have been doing so well, why can't this just go away? I just want to feel better. I need to think positively but the negative thoughts are creeping in.

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I know what you are going through. It happens to me all the time. When I am not working or doing something productive alot of just thoughts come flooding in, about the past and really just everything. So you are not alone. So I would say that it is normal, not sure about the drugs through sense I don't take any. And same why can't it just go away. But we have to fight through it, find ways to combat it. One of my friends call it a little demon inside of me. All it wants to do is ruin my life by throwing these thoughts around and all the what ifs. But we can fight against it, find more ways go combat it. Look for more solutions. You will be alright, just remember the times when this is not happening to you and look forward to them in the future because they will come, they always do. We all will make it through this, believe me.

• Posted

Thank you Sheldon for your reply. It is like a little demon that just creeps in from time to time. I'll be doing just fine and then BAM it pops in to say "hey I'm still here.. did ya miss me" lol. If anxiety was a person I'd throw something at it. I think my frustration is the headache that's been happening. I rarely get headaches and so I'm frustrated because it won't go away no matter what I do. So the hypochondriac inside of me starts focusing on that headache. It's quite annoying. But I did eventually get to sleep. I turned on my meditation music and focused on my breathing. Thank you again. We have our good days and our bad days. Today, I'm going to have a good day! I'll make sure of thatsmile

• Posted

I have the same issues, whenever I settle down for the night for the past two nights it's bad.. It sucks when the meds seem like they're helping and then one day you just feel horrible.. I tell myself it's just your body trying to kick the anxiety out and it's just fighting with you body.. That or a higher dose is needed. Just take deep breaths and try and relax as much as you can.

• Posted

Yes!! Exactly. I've been more productive and so much more calm lately, but yesterday, I just felt horrible. The headache is annoying me. I took tylenol and ibuprofen and that didn't work. So I'm frustrated because it's not going away. I just woke up for the day (I can't sleep past 6am lol) and the headache is still here. Do you think it could be a new side effect from the citalopram? I know it's still working in my system. I've been on 20mg of it for 3 and a half weeks now. This headache stuff is new to me. I never get them so when I do I'm a huge baby. I'm going to focus hard on everything positive today. I will have a better day today. Just irritates me when I'm having 5 wonderful days in a row and then boom anxiety peeks it's little nose in to annoy me again. Lol. Thank you for your help!!!

• Posted

I had a horrible headache when I upped my celexa so yes it may be a side effect. It'll go away once your body gets used to it.. It could also be from the stress.. Also could it be around your "time of the month"? My head was pounding during my period when I was on celexa so bad I seriously considered the emergency room.

• Posted

To Ashleyand Anxiety,

Dear ladies, I don't mean to make light of any pain or distress, but I do know how often a headache goes away after drinking down one or two full glasses of water.

The brain is, to my knowledge, the only organ that needs plain old water. Other organs take water from other drinks, and from foods.

Give it a try.... biggrin

• Posted

Another thought....many meds have the symptom of dry mouth. One of mine does. In which case, drinking more water makes sense, and could relieve those headaches. Do let me know how that works out, ladies..
    • Posted

Yeah it could be the Celexa or stress. Not really sure. It seems better today now that it's 11 am. I had my "time" a week ago so maybe it's a delayed response. Lol. I went ahead and took 2 tylenol to get rid of the remaining headache. And wow...I'm sorry you deal with headaches that bad. That's horrible. Thank you again!!

• Posted

Hey Cia!! Yeah it might be that I'm dehydrated. I'm drinking on water right now as we speak. I have a caffeine habit and drink coke and coffee constantly so maybe I need to add in more water. That's very likely where my headache is coming from. Thank you for the advice Cia! I have had a much drier mouth than usual so that all makes sense!! Just don't like headaches. Makes everything harder. Lol

• Posted

I hate to tell you this, but constantly drinking caffeine, and sugar drinks can certainly cause headaches. Do your best to cut down on both...they also provoke anxiety, Honey. Try substituting a glass of water for the other two at least half the time.
    • Posted

That's what I'm working onsmile I just had my second bottle of water. And I usually have green tea in the mornings and have been drinking more water at work. I've always had a caffeine problem. Lol I'm certainly going to try to cut back. I had no idea it could cause more anxiety but it definitely makes sense! Thank you Cia! You're always such a great help!!

• Posted

You are very welcome, Ashley. If you are going to cut back on caffeine, do it gradually because just dropping it has a side effect.....headache....which passes in a few days.

Both those drinks have caffeine in them.  You might start with switching to decafeinated coffee. You will literally be coming off a drug. With the coke, just cut back a little at a time.

Keep up the good work with the water. I'm proud of you, Honey.biggrin

• Posted

Oh I've had the caffeine withdrawal headaches before and they're absolutely horrible so I will definitely cut back gradually to avoid those! I have to drink a lot of water today anyway because I'm having some blood work done tomorrow and they always have a problem with my veins. Lol. So it's a good start to a much healthier lifestyle! Do you think those crystal light flavor packets are okay to use every once in a while?

• Posted

It's okay! They're just small flavor packets you pour in a bottle of water.

• Posted

If there are all natural ingredients and no jusk like aspertame, ince ia awhile seems okay. Consider gatorade.
    • Posted

Great idea!! I'm actually enjoying the water as we speak! Third bottle of the day!

• Posted

Hooray for you, Ashley. I find it amazing how different we can feel if we are hydrated. I am very proud of you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.