Extremely scared that I have a brain tumor, any advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last Friday, I randomly felt pressure in my head and felt dizzy, I then went to sleep, woke up and still felt a bit dizzy. The next day I felt dizzy again and just continued with my day. Now after this, for the next three days, I felt completely fine and was glad that I was living normally. A day after that, I got a migraine from not eating, this normally happens to me so I took an Anacin and felt fine. However, for the next three years, the persistent heavy headed/dizziness came back! I visited the doctors and he said he doesnt think its a tumor and does not suggest a CT scan because I dont present symptoms of a tumor. He thinks im stressing too hard for school since im a senior in college and ive been studying pretty hard.

What do you guys think? My symptoms are basically persistent dizziness/heavy headed, it makes me feel fatigued. Also, it feels like im unbalanced but I can do everything fine, I even jogged for a bit over a mile yesterday and have no problems walking, doing daily tasks. I just dont feel normal.. please help if anyone can!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That sounds like an ear problem to me, I've had my fair share of them in my 20 years of life. Where you wrote three years, did you mean three days? I would recommend either going back and asking him to look at your head more thoroughly or going to see someone else that will help you. This is something clearly stressing you out, so the doctor should be willing to clear it up and it's awful that he wouldn't. You can actually get these symptoms from stress and anxiety, but it could be something in your ears or sinuses. Normally brain tumors present with patterns or unrelenting headaches, which was the case of my neighbor, as well as more symptoms than just fatigue and dizziness

All in all, it's pretty unlikely it's a brain tumor and most likely something smaller. You should go see someone who will check it out anyway. I'm wishing you the best of luck, I have had three people who were either family or close to me who were diagnosed with brain tumors. I hope you feel better soon. smile 

• Posted

Hi, yes, typing years was a mistake, I meant days. Im going back this Saturday to get a blood test done, and hes also going to refer me to a neurologist.. hopefully that helps! Im sorry if this is a personal question, but can you tell me the symptoms your family/close ones were presented with when they had a brain tumor? The thought of having one is extremely frightening to me, especially since im in my early 20s.
    • Posted

One of them, my aunt, was a case where lung cancer had metastasized to her brain so it's hard to say what exactly was brain cancer versus just cancer taking over her whole body. As for the other two, the symptoms between the two of them have been severe daily headaches, trouble speaking, seizures, bad memory, muscle weakness that progressed to total immobility, paralysis of one side, and loss of fine motor skills. One of them had a tumor at the base of the spinal cord/cerebellum and the other has one deep in his brain, I forget exactly where.  

I understand that you're worried it could be a brain tumor. Just remember that whether it is or isn't one, there's nothing you can do about it right now but wait, so there's no point in stressing over it. Please try and do something to destress, since you're also a student. I also get migraines and I'm always worried that they're a stroke, so I get where you're coming from. Have you been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder? I have OCD, which is an anxiety disorder, and I get these weird obsessions that I try and control. For example, in middle school I was terrified of my heart suddenly stopping so I was constantly checking my own pulse to make sure my heart was beating. I did that for about a year. I'm not saying you have OCD, but you might have anxiety problems. I hope everything gets cleared up for you, good luck with your doctor visits! 

• Posted

I have the same as you do. I suffer from really badly migraines and I take tablets for them. I have a constant feeling of dizziness and spinning feeling too. I don't even know what is causing mine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.