extremely tired and achy all the time

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello...if there is anyone out there suffering the same symptoms as me i would love to hear from you as im getting so worried...i have had endo for years and im on waiting list for hysterectomy..they are taking my right ovary also and will laser the endo they can find..my worry is that my symptoms are getting worse..the pain is 24/7 now but also my im so tired most of the time and my body is constantly aching especially the pelvic and lower back area...my other major worry is that i have lost weight quite quickly and i guess im looking for peace of mind that im not on my own with these particular symptoms...if anyone can help i would be so very grateful as im struggling with work now and everyday things and im so frustrated...anyway many thanks x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire

You're having a rough time! I had a total hysterectomy a long time ago so I'm not in the same spot you're in.

Two statements of yours concern me: the length of time you've suffered and this recent sudden weight loss which you weren't striving to achieve. I hope that you will let your doc know about this weight loss, and let doc know right away. 3d thing that worries me in addition to those 2 is the much worsening pain. Please let your doc know about these things.

• Posted

thankyou so much for your reply...i will get back in touch with the doctor..to be honest i put up with it for a long time as it wasnt too bad..the pain was awful when i came on a period but was ok the rest of the time...now its everyday..i had an internal scan and thats when they said i need a hysterectomy..just think its got worse because its been left along time...the worse thing for me is the tiredness and the aches...i am concerned about the weight loss but its probably down to not always wanting to eat as much as i normally do because of feeling unwell....thankyou again for your reply..it means alot...best wishes x
    • Posted

Hi Claire

Sorry to hear you are going through so much. I was diagnosed with endo and endo cysts about 2 years ago and had surgery last September.. Which thankfully I feel better after. I had a laparoscopy and removal of both cysts. One of my ovaries was practically removed but that left ovarian tissue the best they could as that was what I wanted.

Anyway the year prior to surgery I looked at my diet/ lifestyle etc and went pretty clean as I could with natural foods and beauty products. Did yoga and walked a lot in fresh air. The diet change over time did help my pain a lot esp monthly times. I wasn't in as much pain as you describe however, I had a more inflamed feeling and achy feeling inside and needed a hot bottle most nights to alleviate it. I did use to suffer horrendous period pains some months, but now it's minimal if at all. Really hope you get relief soon Claire and if you need any further info just let me know. Regards, Sarah.

• Posted

Claire, it might be best if you tell the doc about the weight loss and let doc ask questions. Sometimes if we say what we "think something might be" docs don't look at it any further.

Let us know how things go.

• Posted

hi sarah,

Thankyou so much for your reply and kind words...and im so pleased to hear you feel alot better,thats brilliant...i cant wait to have my op and hopefully will feel normal again...its funny that you said about the hot water bottle as i used a heat pad today as the pain was in my hip and it really helped...most of my pain now is a constant ache..and sharp pains in my right ovary area which makes sense as thats the one they are removing...anyway thankyou again,im very grateful for your advice..best wishes,claire

• Posted

thankyou so much and i will do...thanks for your very valued advice...best wishes,claire
  • Posted

Claire,

Sorry to hear that you're suffering.

?As far as I understand, tiredness and overall aches can be commun symptoms in endo - as we suffer from a state of chronic inflammation, it takes toll on our bodies...

?About the weight loss - I'm not sure you could easily realt it to endometriosis.Maybe it's better to consult your doctor, just to see they're not missing any other condition (maybe not gynecologically related).

?Hope you'll feel better soon!

• Posted

hello....thankyou so much for your reply...its so reassuring to hear that the aching and tiredness are to do with the endo...i have now cut back on my working week as i was really struggling so hopefully that will help with the tiredness..have also been using heat patches which seem to take the edge off which is good....i will see the doctor but i do think i havent been eating as much as when tired and in pain i just dont feel like it.....thankyou so much again,i really appreciate it as i was getting so worried...just cant wait to have my op now and to feel normal again...take care..best wishes x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.