Eye floaters and anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi iam suffering from anxiety disorder and it sames to be getting since I started to get eye floaters it sends me in to depression and my anxiety levels gets worse it's a nightmare living like this I tries all types of stuff to try to relax but it's rough and ever since my doctor prescribed zanax my life became a living hell it's hard to come of them so my heart goes out to all the people suffering with anxiety and eye floaters I hope it's some way I can get rid off the eye floaters I been to a few eye doctors they all said it's nothing that can be done and that they would settle down in time and my eyes is in good health thank God but just to see them popping up scares me thanks for taking the time to listen to me .

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I have some scary eye issues going in but im not going to scare you more. Eye floaters are very common! They have a surgery if you can stand them an opthamologist can see you amd discuss that with you. Eye floaters are okay. The viterous fluid pulled away and thats the piece of debris. It can be removed. Over time youll see past them. Okay i don't know where you live but where i live the opthamologist tell you of the suregry to remove them. Need to be an oothamologist. Extreme action because they do settle down.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response and I lives in the UK like I said I might had have them for quite sometime but it's only now that I has noticed them and when my anxiety trips in they seams to get worse because my problem is I sits down watching these things instead of trying to relax my mind of them but no but at least they made me to know that these comes with age which iam climbing up that ladder and another problem which I been suffering with most of my life is with dry eyes I tries alot of stuff but nothing same to help one thing though I been trying a warm cloth and holding to my eyes and that sames to help for awhile and thanks for taking the time to explain it to me .

• Posted

Go in pinterest they do have eye exercises to move them out of your front al vision but they are nothing to be anxious about. Annoying, they are annoying.
  • Posted

I have lots of floaters, really bad, can't drive at night or in the rain very well.

The less you think about them you can get used to them - since I know they are harmless for some reason they don't bother me.

• Posted

I too get eye floaters. They do not bother me at all. I asked my eye doctor if anxiety causes them. Her reply was no. She said you always had them but just did not react to them . But when anxiety us high you react. Don't worry, just try to not react and try to just let them be. You will be surprised how they will go away

• Posted

Thank you iam going to try hard to not notice them see if that will work 😊
    • Posted

Not even that you not notice them, because you will but just try not to react. You are just fine. Believe me if all I had were eyes floaters,i would thrilled.
    • Posted

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜† ok thanks I already starting to feel better I thought it was just me .
  • Posted

Everyone I know has floaters. I had them for many years before the anxiety hit me. They are just  annoying. I only notice them any more when I get a new addition to the "floater family." lol In my opinion, they don't seem to be in any way related to anxiety.

• Posted

Iam starting to relax now because I just start getting the floaters and I didn't know what was happening to me seeing these little lines like cobweb floating around avery were I look so I was getting more anxiety but now iam starting to feel at ease because all the nice people like yourself start sharing you all experience with me and I would like to say a big thank you to all the response I got since I just join this forum it's amazing .

• Posted

I got eye floaters when my anxiety was at an all time high. They will calm down when you get this anxiety and panic under control. The zanax is not a daily antipressant,it is to calm you down when your at your breaking point. Therefore you will not get this under control until you get on a antidepressant. Do yourself a favor and please give them a try. You will get(normal) again. I don't say that lightly, because I suffered llike no other,I tell you.

• Posted

Kimberly is right about the anti anxiety med. My life, if you could call it a life,  was a horror show until I was put on an anti anxiety. Doc hit the right one for me first try. Whew! What a relief!!

I have had floaters for many years, and they didn't get any worse at all when the monster hit me. As I said before, whenever a new one showed up it annoyed me for awhile, then I stopped noticing. I don't see them at all anymore unless I focus on looking for them. eek

• Posted

HI, my floaters are growing for the last 9 months and it started with a panic attack. Been to a opthal and eyes are fine. I am always stressed and anxious with these floaters. How long did you take the anti depressents? Do you need to continue forever with these meds? The more stressed I get about the floaters the more in number I see. It has taken away my mental peace.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.