Eye floaters....argh!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I know people have posted about eye floaters before but am just looking for some

advice from people who actually have these rather than my optician who just wants to get me out of his office!

Not had them long - about a month or so. Very mobile little things and very difficult to not focus on as I keep getting told. Does this get easier with time? Do they honestly ever become much less noticeable/not seen?

Particularly the ones that bounce around in your line of vision 24/7?

No horror stories please!

Just wanted people to share their experiences .... Preferably good ones lol

Dee x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dee, they are just bits of debris floating around in the jelly, called the vitreous humour.  I think that once you have been reassured that there is nothing worng, you tend not to notice them.

They can be as a result of inflammation.  I have Iritis & have to use steroid drops.  When the Iritis flares, then I get more floaters.  I see an Ophthalmologist regularly.  If your Optician has told you that there is nothing to worry about, then he is probably right but if you are still worried, can you get a second opinion?

Are you in the UK?

Have you read this leaflet?

https://patient.info/health/flashes-floaters-and-haloes-leaflet

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Mrsmop

Thanks for your reply, i am in the Uk yes.... It's not that I'm worried about them, I know they're harmless smile I'm just so completely fed up of seeing them all the time!

X

• Posted

Why don't you go to a different Optician?  Ask for a second opinion.  

• Posted

Dee, there is aother thread here covering this very same topic and several people have responded. Take a look there.

Don't worry, I had them in my 30s. They will go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.