Eye pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi as the title states I am having eye pain only in my left eye, only when looking to the left. And also when I press on my eye socket on top, I can feel the pain. This has been going on for 5 days now.

I feel like this pain is muscle strain. But I can't be so sure.

What could possibly be the cause? I had an eye exam done about two months ago and everything was normal. But at that time I didn't feel this pain.

Please help. Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica,

If you go to the opthalmologist doctor and the doctor rules out an eye problem, you may want to see a general Doctor because it may be a sinus problem. My sinus infection started with pain and pressure above only one eye. It felt so close to my eye I thought it was actually a problem with my eye and it hurt when I moved my eye. It also made my eye very dry causing more pain.

• Posted

Yea I feel pain in one spot on my left temple too. It's not eye ball itself, and it doesn't hurt when I move my eye..only hurts when I move it to the far left.
  • Posted

Hi jessica87818: Do not worry if its muscle strain all you have to do for a week do not watch TV. or use your computer or reading a book. do eye excersice.It will get better.hope will get better soon.
    • Posted

Thank you. Hopefully it's muscle strain and nothing serious. I'm praying I don't go blind
  • Posted

Pain in the eye can have many causes. But often it is difficult to know why your eye hurts. A painful eye can produce various sensations and accompanying symptoms, which can help your eye doctor determine the cause of your discomfort. So visit your eye doctor to prevent complications of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.