Eye twitch and body wide twitching

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 

i have been twitching for months! It happens anywhere and all the times but the out annoying is my eye twitch! It goes from thumping to I can't feel it but I can see it! 

Is anyone out there like me? Has anyone tried the GAPS diet? Or anything else with success? I feel like I have tried everything!! Glasses, magnesium, no caffeine, more sleep, tonic water, you name it... My eye will not stop twitching! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had eye twitches like that in the early days of my PMR - has improved since then but I do have a twitch of my left arm when typing! Doesn't seem to happen any other time and I don't worry about it - it's a "tic".

The GAPS diet? google "gaps diet and science based medicine" and read what comes up. Including

"Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride got a medical degree in 1984 from the Bashkir Medical University in Ufa, Republic of Bashkortostan, when it was part of the USSR. Bashkortostan is a backward, authoritarian, predominantly muslim state and corruption is a way of life, with journalists routinely arrested and where state leaders and judges are regularly caught in taking bribes. I do not put much credence in a medical degree from a university of the Republic of Bashkortostan when the good doctor has zero publications to back up her pseudo-scientific claims. She has never disclosed one scrap of record keeping to substantiate her son’s alleged progress, or even evidence that her son once had autism and now does not.

Together with her husband Peter Campbell-McBride (born in March 1947) Dr. Natasha runs a multi-million dollar dietary supplements empire and claims to be able to successfully treat Schizophrenia, Dyslexia, ADHD, Depression, Autism and many other serious mental and physical health issues. As most ambitious scammers do, they went for the big bucks and took things multi-level through an army of affiliate resellers: Natasha trains them from home by videoconferencing for a fee of $1175 per participant, where she evangelises her “Gut And Psychology Syndrome” theory"

Like most of these "theories" it is making someone (her) a lot of money - nothing more or less than pyramid selling.

• Posted

yikes.. doesn't sound too postive!! Thank you for your replly!! I have a appointment with a neuro on Monday and am looking foward to hearing what he says! 

Is there anything that improved your eye twitch or it just kinda went away?

• Posted

I'd say the vast majority of people have the odd muscle twitch. In some ways hiccups are a muscle twitch! The trouble is, once you notice it you are far more away and it increases in magnitude - to you! It's gone - couldn't even tell you when it went but I don't notice one these days.

Have you tried taking magnesium supplements? That can help with muscles cramping - maybe it would help a twitch?

• Posted

i was going to suggest magnesium too amy. in the form of epsom salt baths....so lovely and relaxing. and yes i used to get eye twitching. i do think its all about nutrient deficiencies.

Gosh Eileen that's pretty strong ....I take it the plan didn't work for you? I was happy to try it and would have been a paying participant ...getting alternatives out there is vital. conventional medecine's reliance on large scale pharmaceuticals is where you might more justifiably attack...thats where the rip off lies!!

best wishes to you both from liz

• Posted

I didn't try it, nor would I.

I believe in evidence based medicine - and there is no evidence for it - just claims from the person who makes a lot of money from it. I might add you are the second person to accuse me of being on Big Pharma's side - which I absolutely am not and neither is the author of that article above. 

Yes alternatives are needed - but they also have to be monitored and proven to work. This stuff is put out there with no such testing or monitoring and can be downright dangerous. 

• Posted

oh really eileen...its about finding things that work...people are prepared tp pay for home remedies and good care rather that 'NHS NEGLECT AND ABUSE (Sorry uppercase shouting not intended!!) x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.