Eyesight for driving test

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I wear glasses currently and recently had to push back my driving test as when i attempted to read a number plate from 20.5m i wasn't able to make it out. I've since been back to the opticians and had another eye test where they said their was only a slight difference in subscription and i should be well within driving regulation but i have since brought the new lenses and the problem still persists?

If anyone has had simmilar trouble or has any advice on what it ould be or what i could do I would be grateful

Many Thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi lloyd

​Have you thought about going to eye casualty at an eye hospital for a more thorough eye examination?

• Posted

sorry I don't understand the question. In the UK you can be seen straightaway in a eye casualty clinic.

• Posted

Call his office and tell them the presciption they gave you is not working.
    • Posted

Hi Good advice as well. This happened to me but not in relation to driving etc. The prescrption was wrong, much weaker than the usual normal for me anyway prescription. I got a refund and went elsewhere.
    • Posted

Hello no i have never been to one or thought of it tbh with you. When I went to the opticians it was a year after I'd had them tested and they just said there was little change?

• Posted

i have never had that problem except when i went to the eye doctor.  i went to the eye doctor and asked him not to dilate my eyes, i had to go get a new license.

low and behold he did and i didn't realize it.  The girl kept telling me to read and i could not see anything.  The girl must have noticed the yellowish stuff in my eyes that she just gave it to me. Are you lenses bi focals ?  Wish i could help you sorry

• Posted

They putvflouride in the fluorescein whicchbis thebstuff used to stain theneye.
    • Posted

I am unsure what you are trying to say here. The yellow stuff is called fluorscein and is used to stain your eye to enable examination to see if there is an embedded foreign body or any lacerations present.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.