Facebook group - blepharitis support and advice group

Posted , 3 users are following.

Joined this group on Facebook - it's fab. So many people suffering and lots of solutions.

I recommend you to join!

I've been using tea tree oil mixed with baby shampoo and water for about a year now and have had great results. Huggies aloe Vera wipes also help. Along with anti histamines for flare ups. Think I have a mix of dry eye, anterior and pisterior bleph. It's managed and this group have helped so so much

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thank you, I'll get some tea tree oil and the wipes, my left eye is a lot worse than my right at the moment and I'm keeping both eyes make up free and clean but their is no let up, it's mad because I can go months with a flare up

• Posted

Hi Emma, thanks for the tip re Huggies aloe Vera wipes, I'll remember those when I can't get the tea tree wipes from Sainsbury's. I've been using raw baby shampoo directly on my eye lids for a couple of years and it's been very effective. I might try the tea tree, shampoo and water mix just to see if it's a viable alternative for me should the raw baby shampoo irritate me at some time in the future. Do you mix several days supply at once? 

my eyes have been behaving very well for some time, even through a recent long holiday when I had to use a gell eye heat pad instead of my usual microwave one. Whilst away in very hot temperatures my eyes felt as near normal than they had been since before the bleph kicked off. However, during the long flight back, waiting times at docks and airport and transfer times meant that I was unable to do any heat treatment at all for about 28 hours. So my eyes have been very uncomfortable since returning home. I'm now trying to get it under control again with my usual routine, trying not to over react by trying other stuff. Let's see how it goes. The main symptom is twitching at the very base of the eyelashes which I think is the thickened oils building up...I can see a white line at the base of my eye lashes which I think is the oil. After a while I shall probably be able to wipe small globules of oil from my eyes as it comes away. Then my eyes will be more comfortable. That's what's happened in the past. Fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone for your contributions to this site. Much appreciated. All the best Emma, Pamela

• Posted

Hi, yes I use a little shampoo travel sized bottle and make up a bottle of a pea sized amount of baby shampoo, 5-10 drops of tea tree and water. I then just dip a cotton bud in and clean my lashes and eyebrows with the mixture. It keeps it at bay.

I don't find heat helps me - I prefer cold to help with inflammation. But I think my anterior bleph is worse so this may be why. I hope you get it under control - travel is a nightmare for me - planes are so drying. However I too ha a good week away last year and even had individual lashes applied and my eyes were fine. Going away in may I hope I'm lucky again

• Posted

Applied lashes! That was brave do I'm glad it worked out for you. Good luck for May xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.