Facelift 4 weeks post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a full facelift, blephroplasty, fat injections around mouth and chin and a major neck lift.  I am now 4 weeks post op.  The biggest problem I am having is tiredness.  I am not working yet, thank goodness, because I can easily sleep around 14 hours a day.  I want to go out and apply for some jobs and get back to work, but I can't seem to get up to do anything.  I am 64 years old.  Is this normal?  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

After extensive surgery or long anaesthetic times the recovery can sometimes take several weeks. However it would be a good idea to check with your GP if anything else is going on, such as anaemia, thyroid problems, diabetes etc. These are fairly common conditions.
  • Posted

Hi..  I am 56 and had my facelift in Toronto a month ago and my surgeon was Dr. Philip Solomon. I also did a neck lift to enhance my look.  Even I was tired for a few weeks but I am feeling much better now. Talk to your surgeon and also do a full check up if the tiredness persists. Get Well soon !

• Posted

I think it is still normal. You shouldn't do any strenuous activity, such as sports, running, etc for at least 4 weeks post surgery. That was what my doctor Dr Rino Lorenzo adviced me when I had my post op in Manila last year. It may differ from patient to patient though. The best person you can ask for advice is your surgeon. Best of luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.