Failed MR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

Hope your all haveing a nice weekend just to let you know I had my MR result on thursday guess what FAILED!! thought it would, the DM ignored the extra paperwork, saying it was too old to use but the problems back then are still very relevant today.

Also she could'nt have read the pip2 form as she dropped herself in it by saying i should be buying adapted clothing well i have to wear it which i hate that was all in the letter so it proves they don't read it.

Now i don't know wheather to appeal as i had another spirometer test for COPD and the doctor was quite concerned as it has got much worse, so do i wait and use a change in circumstances because this started getting bad end of January or do i appeal i don't have the energy for the latter to be honest.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Make sure if  you do appeal that you still put in that extra evidence as that is still extremely relevant if  you go to the tribunal IMO Janet.
  • Posted

Most MR decisions stay the same so this is to be expected. 60% of Appeal Tribunals are successful, so there's a good chance you'll win.

The part about the evidence being "too old" is true i'm afraid. Evidence must be dated within the last 2 years anything older than that the DWP won't accept it.

If you decide not to take it to tribunal and reapply from the start, there's a big chance they'll refuse you again based on the fact that you've been refused recently. Starting from the begining means another assessment, gathering more evidence which is under 2 years old, filling in those forms. If you take it to tribunal and win you'll be backdated all the money. If you started from scratch you will lose all the backdated money you could have if you win this tribunal.

I know what i'd do....don't let them win because this is what they want. I wouldn't risk starting again if there's a high chance i'd be refused again. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.