Failed prolapse repair

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm just over 6 weeks post op from a repair on my bladder prolapse. I am more or less certain that I have re prolapsed. I'm am so upset with myself about it! I took it really easy for the 1st 4 weeks but the last few weeks have slipped back into my normal routeen. The last couple of days I have been feeling really bulgy in fact worse than before my surgery(or maybe that's because I haven't felt like it in a while). Is there anyway I can know for certain if I have undone everything? And if anyone has been through the same thing will they reoperate? Thanks in advance vicky x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

If you are worried see your GP, but take it easy for another few weeks. It may still be the healing processes going on as it takes around three to four months for healing to settle down.
    • Posted

Hi Barbara. I'm now 6 months post op and have felt like I've prolapsed at least once or twice a month each month but I haven't. When I'm ovulating and just before my periods are due my cervix is incredibly low almost pushing out my vagina but each month it goes back up again. You are still really early post op I had internal swelling for at least 4 months. I too have done more than I should have since day one it's just my nature. I would give it time and not panic you prob won't feel like you've turned the corner for another 6 weeks

• Posted

It's not me that posted with the problem. I had mine done in December last year.

• Posted

Thankyou for the reassurance! I'm really hoping I haven't! I really don't want to go through it all again. I can still feel the sharpness of the stitches, so im worried it will be even worse when theit not there anymore. I go for a follow up with my gp nurse in a few days so hopefully she will tell me i'm just worrying aswell. Lol I have felt as though I have messed it up quite a few times in the last couple of weeks. I need to start listening to my body , it's just so hard with having a young family and a busy life!! Xx

• Posted

Hi Victoria, I prolapsed  2.5 weeks after surgery in May of this year. I have just had surgery repeated 9 days ago and am constantly worried and getting the mirror out to check! My surgeon told me that in theory a prolapse is a hernia and basically they are stitching to old skin and prepared me that it might happen again.

Good luck xx

• Posted

Hi I'm a week post op and have been taking things really easy but went out in friends car last night and pulled car door shut, heavier than I expected. I'm now paranoid that I've done damage, hardly slept a wink with worry. Feel a little uncomfortable but not in pain. I worry about the slightest thing. Is everyone like this ???

• Posted

Yes I'm paranoid too after last op failing.  If it helps, I felt really ill the day I prolapsed again, v bad stomach pains and then the next day when I checked it was there again.  It coinsided with a period, my surgeon said that was a coincidence and had nothing to do with op failing.  My period is due in 2 weeks and I'm terrif

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. I'm not in pain thankfully but almost afraid to do anything. Hopefully I'll feel more relaxed as the days pass.

• Posted

Oh yeah me too. I sit all day and am terrified it will cause failure
    • Posted

Been really fed up today as been aching a little and panic I've done damage. I'm sure if I'd done something then I would be in a lot of pain but I'm just uncomfortable and feeling sorry for myself. Hope I feel more relaxed as the days pass.

• Posted

Hi Victoria

I had anterior repair in April and mine has returned. I knew something didn't feel right 3wrrks after my op but the consultant wouldn't have it

After seeing him 5times I decided enough was enough and ghghoit second opinion back home in Wales.. I was right a stage 1 cystocele.

I am now on the list for re repair but I'm terrified it will fail again😢

I have done everything to the book with recovery but I'm still scratching my head as to why its failed. Just can't believe it. All I can do is pray I'm lucky this time.

My consultant had 30yrs experience so I'm keeping everything crossed. X

• Posted

aww welshgirl i remember you getting ur repair , i got mines in feb and i also have another prolapse but my doctor thinks its the rectocele they didnt fix that hs came down , finally have hospital tomorrow after being referred back to them in june so hopefully find out whats happened x
    • Posted

I'm devastated to be honest.I knew something wasn't right.

Wished Id found this consultant before but I didn't think bout going home to have it done. The thing is there is no guarantees with this surgery so all I can do us pray it will be a success.

I wish you luck tomorrow at your appointment, drop me a message as I don't come on the forum much anymore as I'm not much of a worry wart.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.