Fat and depressed.. is there anyway to help myself?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Struggling with my weight is my earliest worries and my biggest loss that makes me always feel I am weak, powerless, worthless and ugly woman. Every single day I think that I dont want to struggle with fat forever. So, everyday I decide and plan to lose my weight..then I do it for a month or few weeks and quit.. I have been through this senario for many years. I have been depressed becasue of my weight since I was a teenage. I have tried many times to stick to many diets, such as Atkins(which I hate the most now), but I have failed. The only time I've succeeded and reached my weight goal was 10 years ago when my doctor warned me that I would have diabetes (for genetic reasons +my weight). Unfortuantelly, my fears from diabetes did not last long . So, after I've lost many kilograms, I gained them double.

My proplem is that I have my biggest meal late night. I have tried to control this by having my breakfast and some small snacks between( youghurt,fruit, vegetables) , but the problem still the same. I can resist eating sugar, chocolate and all high carbs products during the day (coz I know if I start eating sugar, I can't stop and I may spend the whole day having it) So, I always resist during the day but I always fail at night. 

My sleep routine is good. I sleep at 11 pm and wake up at 7 a.m although I have nothing to do. I love to walk. sometimes I walk for 3-4 hours and still feel fun, but this does not make a change in my weight loss. I would love to joggle but my weight makes me feel embarrased to do this infront of others.

I wonder which diet is the best for me? what should I have at night that make me feel full but still help me losing my weight? is there anyway?!

*My weight is 83 k.g and I am 159 cm tall

__

Thanks for reading my proplem and I apologize for my poor English.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chloe. I've gained so much more than I lost after doing Atkins too, although I lost very quickly eating that way. I just couldn't keep it off, and I hated the food after a while. I'm convinced very low carb eating messes up some people's (my)metabolism permanently, so I'm not going to ever follow that plan again. Also, it's not realistic that I'll never go back to eating carbs regularly. 

What is working for me is eating only 3 balanced meals a day, with only one starchy carb each meal (sweet potato, rice, oatmeal, etc) and eating only food that I really like. However, I love but choose not to have sugar and flour because they make me retain water and make me have cravings. Large servings of veggies and small-moderate servings of fruit and beans often, because they make me feel full and satisfied. I don't drown anything in fat.

This way of eating is ideal for me because I don't have to weigh/measure food, it keeps calories and carb grams down, blood sugar steady, and I can eat "normally" with others. It's something that can be done long term, and helps with energy and handling stress.

• Posted

hi,

wow we are all so different. i would feel very hopeful if i weighted 83kg. 

i have just paid my deposit to have gastric sleeve surgery in 3 weeks time. i was just as sad as you seem to be and have been for 30yrs. i am so tired of always worrying about food, cooking food, buying food, eating food. my life revolves around food and i know i have a mental road ahead of me and not just a physical one.

i know how hard it is and this is why i have chosen the sleeve.

nights are hard. i guess we all need to find out happy place. what works for one might not work for another. i dont have the answer for you but please know that there are a lot of us out there. you are not alone

• Posted

To lose extra weight and belly fat, mummy magic weight loss tea is the perfect home remedy. I used to drink this tea for 3 times a day before every meal and shed 35 pounds from my body.
  • Posted

You could try setting a schedule for your meals to stop you from eating late at night. If you know you can't resist eating food with high sugar and carbs trying buying less of it. If you don't have it you can't eat it. You can try making fruit smoothies or juices, usually they are pretty sweet and filling and can satisfy your sweet tooth and its healthier than eating junk food. If you want to try jogging I would suggest just trying it and nevermind what people think (I know easier said then done). You could try joining a gym with a women only section if you are too nervous to jog out in the streets. I love hot yoga for exercise as well, you can go at your own pace and you feel great afterwards. Plus most studios have a really positive energy. You have to remember that to lose weight and keep it off you have to make lifestyle choices, not just try a fad diet for a few weeks because that never works. You could also try juice cleanses as a way to get essential vitamins and minerals without taking in too many calories. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.