fat and miserable

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i have had Polycystic Ovary Syndrome for the past 7 years, i go to the hospital for regular checks and they tell me that until i lose weight there's nothing they can do for me. When i was first diagnosed i was 19 stone although i am now 16 and a half. They wont give me any medication to help because they say i will put more weight on me. I am on a slimming tablet at the moment and i am not losing any weight with it, but i have never heard of Metformin and Spironolactone and can you get it from your own GP or do you have to get it from the gynacologist.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

wot slimming tablet are you on. I have PCOS and on Orilstat which is working well for the 3 weeks I have been on it. You need to eat no more than 15g of fat in total per meal and I have lost just 9lbs and 9inches off my body.

I have also noticed some of the side effects of PCOS have improved. Why not have a chat with your GP

• Posted

Hi

I am on orlistat too ( 1st week) and so far so good. I am eating very low fat but using tasty recipes from Rosemary Conley so doesn't feel like a diet.

NICKY - r u also on the orlistat forum????

U can see GP for metformin and orlistat

KJ

• Posted

Hi

Yep, I'm on the forum too for Orilstat - been on it for 3 1/2 weeks now, go for the first weigh in on Friday but had a medical last week and the doc weight me, lost over 3kg and in total 9inches off my body which is great.

Its the only thing that has helped me battle with the weight due to the PCOS

Hang in there hun x

• Posted

Hi Nicky

Thought I recognised you!!! The orlistat is focusing my mind and Ihave lost 2lbs this week despite drinking wine. I've had no probs - more constipated than desperate! Still got dietician on Tues so will chat then. See you on here or the other forum.

KJ

• Posted

Hi all,

Finally women with PCOS and on orlistat i thought i was one of a kind. i posted a note on the orlastat part of this forum and on soul cysters but i heard nothing ( i was getting really worried) i've only been diagnosed a few months so im tryin to get used to that and these tablets. Can i ask a question... has the Orlistat made your symptoms worse or better i have a lot of side effects and i'm scared that it will make them uncontrolable. I have lost 11lbs in 2 weeks so the weight is coming off but i cant face things getting worse

• Posted

I've been prescribed that....does it actually work....I'm feeling just the same hunx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.