Fatigue and Chest Pain, any advice?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone,

So to start off I have really bad anxiety and OCD. I have done countless heart tests like EKG's, 24 hour EKG's, and MRI with dye. Cardiologist says I'm totally fine. This week my chest pain is getting worse and now I am extremely fatigued. My Zoloft is not helping with anxiety at all. Can anyone else relate to these sharp chest pains and fatigue? Any advice on what I should do? Maybe different meds? Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had anxiety for years...at times I get chest pain and electric shock feelings....I believe it is all anxiety.  It doesnt help when its happening I know..but try not to get to upset when it happens.
  • Posted

Your Anxiety will be causing you to be sensitised to your body, this will make you feel anxious and tired

Try Breathing Exercises and Relaxation Techniques, both on Amazon or Internet. Mindfulness is the preferred RT it is more than just Relaxation it covers other things as well

BOB

• Posted

Hi. I'm new to all this and after needing your post I didn't realise how anxiety can really mess with your head.

I'm awaiting tests but ecg showed a t wave inversion but I understand now that's ok.

After 2 recent visits to a&e with suspected heart attacks I've come to the conclusion it might be panic attacks.

How do you know the difference? Test results?

How can I let this worry go?

I've 2 young children I need to keep alive for.

If results are all clear should I give myself a stern talking to and just get on. Get on with enjoying my family life?

Do you think you could become acceptant luke? Or will a niggle be always there, wondering if the results were wrong?

• Posted

Hi,

Very sorry to hear you are suffering with this as well. After your doctor has ruled out any heart problems then yes it is 99% due to panic attacks and anxiety. Panic attacks mimic heart attacks which is really scary, but it's our minds playing tricks on us. I would ask your doctor about the panic attacks as well. I highly recommend seeing a therapist as well. After awhile you will start accepting the reality of anxiety as I have. Hope all goes well smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.