Fatigue and zoning out - low cortisol?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been battling fatigue for a long time now. My main problems are that I literally cannot get going for an hour or two upon waking, whatever I do i'll zone out. I don't trust myself to drive during that time. I can fall asleep at pretty much any time of the day apart from a few hours in the early evening where I get a sudden surge of energy and get things done. During this time, for whatever reason, the zoning out stops and I can focus my attention.

My other issues include sudden muscle weakness, sudden apathy and also shivers. My cognitive ability is declining by the day and i'm only 23!!!

I also cannot for the life of me gain weight. I'm not particularly underweight however, but on the border of underweight to skinny.

I have had plenty of blood tests in the past including TSH, Free T4 and Free T3 and all are within range.

Should I still ask to see an endocrinologist and check for Addison's? Or anything else to check? I've been suffering for many years now.

I've ruled out so many other diseases as well as seeing a neurologist without any luck...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris, i would suggest a private adrenal stress test.
    • Posted

Yes, through an alternative doctor the test can be ordered, like a nutritional therapist for instance.

• Posted

I would have your heart checked as sudden "sleeping" can be syncope [ AFib ].Also check your medications interaction?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.