fed up of fighting

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been ill for Nearly a year with chest pain then developed pain in my Neck back and Arms and was well still am convinced it's my Heart so Naturally developed Anxiety the doctors have said it could be Neuropathic pain.I've had 2 ecgs and 2 chest x rays all Normal but yet I'm sitting here really dizzy and my left arm feels weak Which i Suppose could be to do with the nerves in my Back but my mind automatically thinks Heart. I feel like i will never Live Normally again i can't Remember me before the pain.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Three years ago my grandfather died and I went spiraling out of control lol I spent months trying to convince my family that I was going to die of a heart attack because I had really really bad chest pains that would make me cry and I had heart palpitations and I was constantly out of breath. I went to the emergency room about 4 times in a week and they did an x-Ray and 3 ekg's. I was as healthy as I could be. My heart was perfect. They told me that anxiety can make you feel like you're dying. Anxiety can mess with your mind in more ways than you can imagine. The reason for all of my chest pains were because I was tensing up my left shoulder , causing the general area of my chest and back to hurt so much. It wasn't chest pains I was experiencing, it was muscle tension. Anxiety can make you feel numb and give you weird aches and pains and it can make you dizzy for no reason whatsoever. Anxiety is a pest and it just enjoys to mess with minds. I know it's hard to move on from it and convince yourself you're okay. Trust me, I know. But just hold on and try to distract yourself and it will all go away smile
    • Posted

Thank you so much for Taking the Time to tell me your story it's so hard now to tell apart the Anxiety From Everything else and it's Just a Vicious Circle will definitely work on the distraction technique thank you
    • Posted

Unfortunately you have to not think about your anxiety and pains. When it hits you, just brush it off. Even though it's extremely hard to. The more you think of the pains. The more your anxiety grows and it causes you more pain. It's terrifying, I know, but just know you're not alone with this.
    • Posted

Hi cindy thanks for your post it has gave me slight relief- I'm terrified something is wrong with me. I've only revently developed anxiety, and I'm so scared something is wrong with me or is going to happen to me. I'm in the doctors office at least twice a week and when I'm not I'm sitting worrying about what's wrong with me which i shouldn't be doing but I'm so convinced something will happen to me in my sleep. Anxiety is an awful thing that messes with your head, but hopefully I will overcome this. Reading posts like yours really help! Thank you
    • Posted

I'm happy I can somewhat ease your mind! I'll tell you I'm currently going through something that my anxiety has been making me feel is something bad and no matter how much I try to make myself believe I'm fine, I just can't do it. But all it does take it distraction. Go out with your friends, forget your aches and pains, forget your anxiety. Just have fun and slowly you'll forget about your anxiety. I know it's very VERY hard. I know, but you'll be okay smile take it one step at a time and you'll be able to tackle your anxiety.
    • Posted

I really just need to stop googling my symptoms, every little one I google then I'm convinced I'm dying! Which makes me more and more anxious- my anxiety is mostly at night as I wake up in a panic and find it so hard to sleep but I know it's all in my head as if someone was then to come and sleep beside me my fears are completely gone and that's also when I go out with friends and I am distracted my anxiety is no where near as bad as when I'm alone or at night, think we all just need to try settle this battle with our minds which is so tiring!! I hope you get through your anxious thoughts at the minute as I know how awful it can be- I've also visited A&e 3 times over things that were caused by anxiety, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!!lol it's so nice to talk to people that actually know what your going through, found a lot of help on this page!
    • Posted

The things I'm going through at the moment are driving me up the wall lol I've got so much pain these days that I've convinced myself I have a brain tumor and no matter how much my therapist and my doctors say that I'm perfectly healthy, the pain won't stop and I know it's just a tension headache and that my anxiety makes it worse but I can't seem to calm myself down enough to make the pain go away completely. I'm constantly looking up my symptoms and that also makes it worse. When I go out and enjoy myself and completely take my mind off of it, it stops hurting! but when I focus on it, it comes at full force and it makes me cry so much. Anxiety is a pain in the ass. But I am glad that you're finding help in this forum lol just relax and you'll be okay! I wish I could take my own advice sometimes but I can't seem to do that lol
    • Posted

I know how you feel! Not long ago I was convinced I had a blot clot in my leg (I was travelling to Mauritius later that month which made me even more anxious) I was crying to my mum and I went to A&e where tests came back clear but I still was convinced I had one! & still now any leg pain I get I think the worst. Now it's my heart I'm worried about- my heart rate was 115 the other day & now I'm on beta blockers to slow it down but I'm constantly checking my heart rate which is making it fast- such a vicious circle!!

Looking up symptoms is the worst, my doctor told me that the most life threatening ones will always come up if you google something, so to not convince myself in dying over something so small! Which I've struggled to stop myself from doing lol. That's the same with me, I'm completely fine but when I think about it, it comes at full force and I'm just in a complete state again. I know me too its so difficult to actually listen to advice but deep down we know it ourselves that it's all down to anxiety!

• Posted

I'm sorry that's happening to you :\ I know that at one point I was constantly checking my pulse because I night I was gonna have a heart attack lol once I got over that I was fine! I just honestly wish that this pain would just go away because I can't stop thinking about it and it hurts so bad I keep thinking there HAS to be something wrong with me because I can't make myself believe that anxiety can cause me this much pain.
    • Posted

I know how you feel, it is truly the worst feeling! But honestly just keep yourself busy tomorrow and hopefully your headache will go away and if it does you will know for certain that it's all down to your anxiety- on all the google searches I've done about anxiety they have mentioned headaches are a very common physical symptom! So try not to worry too much & I hope you feel better x
    • Posted

I know it is anxiety. I went to the ER and my doctor and they told me that's all it is or minor migraines. They told me that brain rumors are very rare and that they usually don't hurt. That it's simply stress caused by anxiety. I've realized that the pain comes from my neck though. I'm thinking I might have a pinched nerve or in sleeping wrong or just tensing up my muscles. And it's causing this head pain. I had it for a month straight, it went away for 3 weeks and then it came back a couple of days ago lol that's how I know it's anxiety. My therapist said that if it really was a brain tumor that it wouldn't give me a 3 week break lol
    • Posted

Yea that's true, you have had a lot of reassurance so you should try focus on that instead of what's you think is wrong! Easier said than done I know, but hopefully that will take your mind off it the fact you have had professional advice smile
    • Posted

Yeah, I wish it would give me peace of mind but unfortunately I don't believe them lol so I have to keep trying to get my mind off of it for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.