Fed up!! Reassurance and support?

Posted , 6 users are following.

5 weeks on sertraline after a major depressive episode after having my baby , two weeks on 50mg and 3 weeks on 100mg, although I am not very down and low and thinking silly things I still wake with anxiety and insomnia hasn't cleared up and my mood gets low for around an hour every night! When will this end?!?! Really want myself back

0 likes, 68 replies

68 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi ash ,

Stay strong and try not to think too much .

Think about the people around you who loves you and needs you , your baby and try to talk to your baby and lift yourself up don't throw all on the med , I know it's hard tell me about it but try hard to push it away .

Me too I'm not yet myself and I'm fed up but I try to think of the fun stuff and people who I care about and my kids . Try hard I no it's hard dear .

We will get better soon .💖

• Posted

Had Such a bad night last night and a weird day today, was thinking about death last night it scared the hell out of me! Something just took over my brain was totally out of my control, I have been on the depression forum on and off all day to find success stories lol, going to bake cakes and do some crafts with the kids tonight try and keep my mind occupied, hope your well sweetie x
    • Posted

Hi I had the same thing after having my little girl to the point where I couldnt leave the house, I got so much better after probably about 3 weeks I started to slowly feel normal again like you I had really bad times as you have expressed and got fed up of people telling me it would be ok keep on the meds and keep walking even when you feel like you cant just go out and face the day the more you push the easier it will get crafts are a great occupier, as woman we go through so much with our hormones eventually something has goto give some people handle it better than others and some people just need that extra support. (men too i might add) sorry for jumping on the conversation!! I am having a bit of a relapse after trying to take myself off the meds so am starting up again my little on is a year old so I cant risk getting ill again and just need a bit longer hope your feeling better x
    • Posted

Thanks for replying, i suffered a major episode of depression last year (my 1st ever one) then it came back soon as I had my baby, my thyroid was also low so I think that and the drop in hormones has made me relapse, I can't wait to b back to my normal self luckily I have a lot of support off my wonderful family and close friends, I love this forum its great for reassurance, hope your meds work soon for u and your back to yourself xx
    • Posted

Is this ever gonna end ? I know people had the same but didn't take med and they are no more suffering .

I know it's hard to get your mind off thoughts the struggle through the day makes me low and not excited to do stuff .

• Posted

I know I always long for that feeling of waking up and thinking wow I feel ok today! roll on getting better hey, I had suffered it before once then like you when I had my daughter it came on again I just hope that this is the last time if only there was a gurantee that it would just stay away, I only tell one or two close friends and family as I feel a bit embaressed tbh but the ones I do tell are great. fingers crossed for better days congrats on baby too smile x
    • Posted

lets hope so surely we cant feel like this forever?! hope your having an ok day today fingers crossed the switch comes on and we all feel ok!
    • Posted

My day is 30% ok than yesterday but I want to get rid of this low feeling and want to feel happy and energetic again .
    • Posted

even if it's slightly better thats a great sign. The energetic thing from experience last time was the hardest thing in the end to over come, I would literally force myself to go out and shake all the way down the road, I pushed the pram so fast I must of looked crazy but once the adrenaline had set in from walking I always felt slightly better. is it anxiety more your dealing with or the low mood x
    • Posted

Low mood and anixity .

But my anixity is a little better today , low mood is more than anixity today

• Posted

thats a major good sign once anxiety calms down your mood will slowly come up fingers crossed smile to just to be able to go out for tea or do somthing normal without that horrible feeling of dread I long for sad my anxiety is at such a high sad
    • Posted

Mines more low mood now too, but it's not allll day like it used to b were I couldn't even do housework (and I am sooo house proud) nothing satisfied me and nothing brought me out of the darkness and terrible low mood, now it's only for an hour or so late afternoon, and anxiety for around half an hour soon as I open my eyes, so I am getting a little better, we should all feel 'normal' soon hopefully in the next couple of weeks, my last bout of servear depression it only lasted two weeks but it was ALOT worse than this time
    • Posted

Fingers crossed for better days keep your heads up (and I know easier said than done!!!)
    • Posted

How are u dodo? Xx
    • Posted

I'm still low mood . Not happy and motivated as before , I'm starting my fifth week . I hope my mood gets normal . And how r you ?
    • Posted

It takes time give it another week then go back to your gp, I am ok atm still low mood for half an hour or so late afternoon x
    • Posted

Yes I will , I called the pharmacy and they adviced me to hang on until week 6-8

The worse thing in the morning when I wakeup I keep monitoring my feelings and that is not my normal self . I used to be full of energy and laughs .😔

• Posted

Try not to think too much in how your feeling I have learnt that, the more I constantly worried about how my mood was the worse I felt, I still have the odd bad morning but no where near as bad as a few weeks ago, remember I am just a message away if u are having a really bad day! Always here for u to talk sweetie, how old are your children?
    • Posted

Thanks a lot , I have 11 , 14, and Twins of 4 yrs old
    • Posted

I'm feeling much better but still not normal me yet , trying to avoid thought of fear that makes me feel uneasy from inside . Yet I fear not sleeping but not continuously . In total I'm better than last week .

I hope it's going to get better and better .

And what about you , how r you ?

• Posted

Not to Good, last night my anxiety came back, then the insomnia I didn't sleep most of the night, then woke this morning in a panick! Really hope it's not a relapse I am terrified the depression is going to return
    • Posted

I'm so sorry about what u feel .

It's going to be better I promise .

I know it's hard . Try to keep your mind busy .

Check with your doc about it too .

I hope it's going to get better for us.

• Posted

Feeling a little low but I am very tired today, had a good few days, seen my GP on Monday and he said I will b up and down for a while, he gave me more sleeping pills for when my insomnia kicks in and more anxiety pills started CBT last night and it went ok, how's u sweetie? X
    • Posted

I'm ok somehow not a lot better though , I was much better last week.

It's my second month on 100 mg .

I started since last November on 50 mg.

so I don't know is that normal or not .

Looking up for better days with happiness .

• Posted

I can so relate to this like I can laugh and enjoy my son but still have that low feeling so hard to describe
    • Posted

Yes Jennifer that is my feeling exactly . There is always something there blocking the whole happiness and motivation .

Although i laugh and play with my kids but there is still dark spot in there . I wish I can be 100% like myself again .

• Posted

H I ash

Hope you are well☺

Just reading r post and want to say don't worry about r bad days ul never go back down to where u were i assure u just be a bad day is all

• Posted

My anixity and depression came after I got sick for sometime and everything went great but I got stuck in this .

Since November 2015 till December I was on 50mg and started 100 on Jan 2016 till now . It's my very first time taking antidepressants .

• Posted

I have being on them for four years after suffering from anxiety due to abuse

I weaned down to 50mg in my last trimester and when I had baby I went to 100 for 4 weeks now I'm day 25 on 150mg can feel myself getting dere gradually bit like I said still have thay blocked feeling dunno how to describe it!?

Hopefully were coming out of that bad feeling

X

• Posted

So how did you feel before when you were on it and how was it feeling ? Did it work perfectly and you got yourself back ?
    • Posted

Towards the end of pregnancy I could feel it coming on !but worked perfect for me other than that so I hope does the same this time

X

• Posted

I hope it works the best for you . With kids it's very hard to be anxious and depressed .
    • Posted

I'm in general better than first started , but still that feeling of restless and uneasy specially before sleeping as I'm woried not being able to sleep .

But I can manage it , I have sleeping pills incase I don't sleep . Ativan 0.5

But I try hard not to take it .

Also I feel sometimes no motivation to do stuff but I do it anyways . There is always non excitement in activities I'm used to be happy doing it . Will stick to the med more and see how it goes .

• Posted

I know what you mean about the lingering feeling of unease , I have that too sometimes! ! especially in the mornings and if I'm over tired and not slept well, or if I'm alone at home. I think it's the fear of will we ever go back to that rock bottom place where we were at the beginning. I'm not sure??

but you are not alone. and the excitement will come back soon, try and think of a goal in life you would like to achieve, (besides getting better of course) like a holiday somewhere in the world you would love to go, research it think about how you will save for it ect, or learning somthing new, a course or anything not related to the illness.

this does help a bit with the depression.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.