Fed up with Pcos

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've recently been diganised with pcos.. I've been trying to conceive my 2nd baby for a year and a half.. and nothing 😞 I'm literally so gutted and fed up! I'm losing weight to try and reverse it and I eat healthy and take multivitamins but still nothing in fact my period came a week early this month 😞 I'm really struggling with the harsh reality that I may not be able to have any more children all the while still hoping and praying that I conceive.. I'm only 24.. I literally fell like a failure 😞 How do you cope with this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I had my son when I was 24 and we tried for years for our daughter (I did the opposite was over weight) finally after giving up we had her when our son was 8years old. I've recently found out by scan I have polycystic on my right ovary. I do believe I conceived my daughter because I started eating healthy and losing weight. Please don't give up it.... good luck xx

• Posted

You can't reverse PCOS it is an endocrine issue thus its for life the best you can do is manage it in general so that its not as much of a issue over all, but it will always be part of you regardless. 

• Posted

I was diagnoised  with PCOS when I was 26 after 6 months of no periods and a 30 lb weight gain.  My doctor placed me on Metformin, type 2 diabetes drug.  I konw seems crazy.   I got pregnant the first month and had to take the entire time I was pregnant 500mg 2x/daily.  It gave me terrible headaches but I knew I had to do it for our baby.  After having him I stopped taking it againist my doctors advice.  I tried to get pregnant with out second.  My doctor had me start taking  the Metformin again and I got pregnant within two months.  Right after I fould out I was pregnant, I stopped taking the Metformin because of the headaches.  I miscarried right away.  I started the Metformin again, got pregnant, continued the meds the enitre pregnancy and I am happy to say, without complications, we had our second son.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.