Feel hungover every morning (no alcohol)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone got any ideas? Waking up regularly with a dry mouth, dehydrated and thumping headache, having a glass of water before bed seems to make it worse. Not a typical candidate for an OSA type problem which would potentially give those symptoms. 

I guess I'm intrigued to see if anyone has had anything similar?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Hurricane, 

You give little background - age, weight, bmi, occupation etc. I suffer with mild OSA and sometimes (particularly in summer) with acute sinus headache (just like a bad hangover). My OSA is mild and I don't nod off in the day but sometimes when I wake I feel as if I haven't slept, even after six or seven apparently 'undisturbed' hours.

Drool on the pillow? yeuch but we all do some. 

What's a typical OSA candidate - apparently there are a few thin people who suffer from OSA.

Whatever, good luck with finding a solution 

Ask your partner if you snore/stop breathing when asleep.

• Posted

Dear Tapman,

21 (m), about 74 kgs, 185 cm, BMI 21.6, student, non smoker, non drinker (mostly because it makes it worse), don't take anything to help me sleep, no-one has complained that I snore except for when I've had colds! (but maybe it's just not loud enough to wake them!) No evidence of nasal polyps (though apparently my turbinates were inflamed ?hayfever?. Though I can make a snoring noise with my tongue fully extended, so maybe an enlarged uvula / soft pallet going on. I don't tend to get excessive day time fatigue but it might just be that my callibration of "excessive" is all off!

Only tend to notice dribble if I'm somewhat face down.

based the "typical" off of the leaflet offered by this site (links cause moderation) and more specifically the epidemiology section: 

-Obesity (strongest risk factor).

-Male gender.

-Middle age (55-59 in men, 60-64 in women).

-Smoking.

-Sedative drugs.

-Excess alcohol consumption.

-Possibly genetic tendency related to jaw morphology.

Just read up a bit on sinus headaches... I do find that antihistamines do help relieve symptoms. Mhmm... thinking I might dig out that old bottle of Beconase!

Thanks!

• Posted

Hello, I too have had this problem before I use to wake up miserable, almost as if I had not gotten enough rest but I had slept through the whole night.

• Posted

I have been sleeping/resting 12hrs/night since and accident 8 years ago. Clearly we are not getting anough rest, but why?!
  • Posted

Looking back at different times, other than the headache I never had, hunger has to do with stomach. I use to be very hungry every morning. Then came accident, medications, I think they messed up my stomach. Then 8 month ago I messed it up even more. Now I can't even tell when I am hungry and can barely eat.

I used to have a glass of water next to me for years. Really bad dry mouth, even caughing and chocking at times. Just in the last 2 months after really relaxing (or some other reason) no drinking, no drymouth. Maybe the metabolism slowed down so much it's ok without water? I also started to take Collagen with Lysine. Mayeb that?! Not sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.