Feel so alone with CP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Another night third one can't sleep. So tired of CP and RA. Feel alone no one around me understands why I can't do many things. My family and friends turned their backs on me. They can't handle my illness. I feel very alone.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm so sorry your feeling like this. Do you use Facebook some brilliant groups on there chronic pancreatitis support group is brilliant with so many people in the same boat as you from all over the world so you have someone to chat to about how your feeling any time of the day you will always get a reply! I was in them for a bit although I'm not diagnosed yet they gave me great advice. I've come off them at the mo purely because researching this disease was taking over my life and if I was having a good day I'd log onto my fb and be reminded and start worrying again so I will stay off until I get a diagnosis if I ever do!!

It can be a very lonely disease from what I have gathered. It's also lonely before diagnosis with everyone thinking your crazy!! Big hugs to you x

• Posted

No I lost everyone when this took hold of me. I left Facebook because of a bad domestic violence situaion at home. My friends and family left and want nothing more to do with me and this Disease. I was the strong one in the family and when they couldn't lean on me anymore they left my life. Same with my best friend. I really do try I home school my son even when i am in agony. I contacted a clinic in Nebraska again it is a 6 hour trip and it is very hard on me. The Dr.s here treat me like a lost cause. I try to keep a someone normal life but I can rarely leave my home the pain is so bad. I have been up 3 days straight dealing with this. I do not want people to feel sorry for me. I would just like them to try and understand.....Ty so much you are very kind and caring and i really hope you do not have to battle this disease.
    • Posted

I'm so sorry that you are so alone in all this. 😔 perhaps you could set up a Facebook under a different name so your anonymous to the people you don't want to contact you but you can still join the support site and get help from them x
    • Posted

Thank you Natalie, You have some good wisdom in you! I hope you find out what is going on with your self. Please take care there are not enough kind people in this world. You are a positive light for others. Hugs to you for all you do for people on here!
    • Posted

Thank you. You are never alone remember that. Others are in the same boat as you. We are lucky to live in an age where we can meet others the same through internet etc. wishing you some relief from this xx
    • Posted

Thank you so much! You ate right and a positive out look goes a long ways ! Wishing you the same! Hugs!
    • Posted

Can I just ask I know you said you have gastritis too. Do you find the pain of gastritis and cp similar? I'm hoping what I have is just gastritis as I have no other symptoms other than the area the pain is in. But I'm on gastritis sites which explains pain like I get get the cp sites also explain similar feeling pain! My pain is only about 5/6 out of 10 at it's worst so hoping that's a good sign as I know cp can feel worse than childbirth so I've been told! Just wondered for someone with both is it easy to tell the difference?
    • Posted

I have more of a burning sensation with gastritis, horse voice any acidic foods fruits and veggies give me a stomach ache. It is hard for me to tell considering both hurt a lot of the time. I can tell you that nexium or zantac help with gastrits along with probiotics and yogurt. Also Gaviscon has helped me quite a lot . Wishing you the best. My CP pain is not always a 10 but I have felt with it many years but it is very painful to the point of tears some times. I really wish you well please let us know when you find out. Take care and hugs to you.
    • Posted

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this alone. Thank you for your response explaining somewhat the difference in symptoms for cp and gastritis. I have gastritis but I have other pain and symptoms like cp but my amalase is never higher than than the 60s and the doctors keep telling me that CP only happens after episodes of acute pancreatitis. Can I ask if you had acute pancreatitis symptoms or if your diagnosis was more gradual through increased pain? I've never had an acute episode but often the medicines for gastritis don't help me and my symptoms go further in my back and spine. I still drink alcohol and the doctors say I can still have two glasses of wine and not to worry about cp but since I don't respond to mess for gastritis I keep thinking its thee beginning of cp in light of my long history with excessive alcohol. Any advice on your progression and prognosis is appreciated. I would try the Facebook site too, Natalie gives good advice
    • Posted

Hi Holly , your welcome. Well the Dr thinks I have had CP about 15 years. My enzymes were high at times but Dr.s ignored it and said it was something else. I guess to answer your question yes at first it was kind of a slow progress. But 6 to 7 years ago I started getting really sick. I wish you the best. I truly hope it is not CP. CP is hard and I do often very in my back rib cage on left side and dead in the middle of my rib cage where my sternum is. Keep searching till you have peace of mind. You know what your body is doing better than anyone else. Hugs and happiness to you.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your response. My pain is not that bad yet but it is under both my shoulder blades and pierces my sternum just like you describe. They are telling me it's reflux but i never have an my reflux come up. I had an endoscopy last year and it was fine but I have another appointment this week and we are going to go in again to see if it's truly gastritis. My pain in my ter in doesn't go through to my spine but it feels like a large pin or small knife is cutting into me right between my boobs and the gastritis medications don't help. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. Did u drink a lot? I used to drink incredibly heavy and did a lot of other abuse to my body. Now I have two young children so I'm much better but still drink. If u ever need an ear I am here. Sometimes it's just nice to have someone to listen
    • Posted

Holly I am so sorry you are going through so much. yes I drank quite heavy in my 20's I have been sober 12 years this Thanksgiving. They think I got it at 25 so it is hard for me to understand how it came about so bad. My dad also has it and is dying from it but he doesn't take care of him self. It hurts me so much to see so many with unanswered questions. I am going back to Nebraska clinic to hopefully see if they can help me. so tired of the Dr.s were I live telling me it is hopeless. I am a fighter.I have a 10 years old so I understand. I hope you find something out. I am here too if you ever need to chat. I home school so I am not much on here during the day but I am in the evening. It's hard but my little boy has bowel problems so he has to wear pull ups and he is little for his age the kids were so mean. I couldn't let his self esteem take that beating. He is the reason I never drank again I stopped drinking and two months later after 10 years of trying and 4 miscariages I finally had my precious baby boy.

​Even on days this is horrible I still try todo the best I can for him. I wish you well and as one mom to another good for you on the drinking it is a hard thing to beat. you are very kind.

• Posted

You sound like a very strong and good hearted person to me. I am so sorry that you feel alone in this. You deserve love and support. And i am so glad that you were blessed with your baby boy. I get so sick of people thinking it's all in our heads when there are many of us with the same symptoms. mine are still fairly mild but each year they worsen and so I worry about ten years from now. Mine too gets worse at night. I am sorry to hear about your dad. Unfortunately it sounds like you may have the genetic component I read about in research. You are amazing for homeschooling and handling all of this. Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise.
    • Posted

Yes people can be very unsympathetic. My mother in law I no longer talk to because she told me to just get over my pain. Lol if it was that easy we all would. I am not angry I just don't have time to be around people that bring me down. You are so very kind. I am sure my drinking didn't help.. Keep on hanging in there sweetie you are a good person. Who sounds like a great mom. I wish you all the best. Yeah night time is the worst for a lot of CP suffers not sure why. Please let me know if you get your answers

Or find something that helps. I really do care and wish you well.

• Posted

Thanks so much, and I will. Your mother in law sounds like my mother-she too has no idea. My pain is not very bad it's just that it's slowly progressing and becoming more constant so that's why I'm trying to fight it now to see if I can stop it as my two friends had similar symptoms before their hospitalizations. I have two close friends who have had acute cases and an aunt who never drank and has CP. People really just don't get what it's like unless they actually get it. And honeatly I still don't know the true pain- I just know that it seems like I've been having early indicators dmfoe a couple of years now. Best of luck to you
    • Posted

I am sorry Holly I hope she finds understanding. Even if pain is not a 10 constant never ending pain is enough to drive a person batty! I sympathize with you! Best of luck and big hugs!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.